Sunday, December 13, 2015

Day 3-Happy National Cocoa Day!!



Well, of course it has it's own day!  It's chocolate!  How will you celebrate?  I am drinking my coffee today with some hot cocoa in it... and it is delish!  And how excited was I when I woke up and there was a text message from my mom saying that I won something from the drawing for the Choux Choux Hop?  Yeah... $25 for Funkie Junkieeeeeeeee!!  It really is like Christmas!  Oh... and the challenge goes until the 20th so there is still time to win a Lawn Fawn gift certificate!  Don't miss out!  Aren't you making your Christmas Cards anyway? I digress......
 
 
I really don't use purple often or enough.. when I was a teenager it was my favorite color... well, black and purple... I had black and purple dishes I was saving for when I had my own place... purple towels for the purple bathroom I was going to have... yeah... I loved it!  Now when asked my favorite color I have a really hard time because I really do love them all. 
 
 
BUT... there were times when I'd want to make a purple creation and I just didn't have "enough"... so when I ordered from Paper Sweeties last time I ordered purple twine, beautiful purple seam binding ribbon, and of course... purple sequins.  And then, I ordered a couple things from Neat and Tangled over the black friday weekend and what did they throw into my order?  Purple sequins!!!  So pretty and all different shades in the package!  How did they know??  They just did.  And I used most of those items on this card.  The flower was in a package of paper flowers I got at Hobby Lobby.. it was white so I edged the petals in purple and added some purple glitter I won from Lori over at Choux Choux Paper Arts during her Halloween Challenge and some old purple CTMH bling from my stash in the center.
 
 
Of course, I used the Cocoa Bear I got from 'Lil Inker (um... there were a lot of sales that weekend! Stop judging me!)  I stamped him in Versamark and used my new black glitter embossing powder that I also purchased in my cyber week haze from either Ellen Hutson, LLC or Butterfly Reflections Ink...(like I said... haze.. I received boxes from both)  so I could freely color him with my markers and he's got a little sparkle... I like sparkle.. ya know?  The background piece... my good old snowflake embossing folder with versamark and then glitter embossing powder.. again... sorry-I'm really hung up on this.  Which begs the question... why do I not have a 5x7 snowflake embossing folder... on the list!

So, I'm linking up to the Coffee Lovers Winter/Holiday Challenge and the Choux Choux Paper Art Holiday Challenge.  And you should too!  

http://www.chouxchouxpaperart.com/2015/12/christmaswinter-challenge-2.html


http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/2015/12/2015-winterholiday-coffee-lovers-blog-hop/

26 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

OMGoodness, Lisa, you crack me up! I am laughing out loud! Great blog post! Yeah, there were a LOT of Black Friday sales! You bought some great stuff! I am in love with this little bear and your beautiful sparkly purple card! I am fond of purple too! I LOVE how you made the sparkly embossed snowflakes - I use my snowflake embossing folders a lot but I have not tried this! You have inspired me - thank you!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Adorable holiday bear in really fun colors too! I love all those shades of purple!
Holiday Hugs,
Michele

Tricia T said...

Oooo - glitter! :) Your cocoa bear is so sweet, and great use of purple! I have a hard time with that color, but you did great! ~ Tricia

Hetty said...

Such a cute card.

Doudou said...

Adorable card☕☕

Diane Jaquay said...

What a sweet card, that little bear image is ADORABLE! I love purple but don't use it much, not sure why.

CarlavdM said...

I luv bears...all kind of bears...but favorite one is the Panda ;o)
Your Cocoa-bear is coloured super, he's really cute.

Greta said...

Love this sweet, feminine card--beautiful!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Love the sparkly background. Cute card. TFS

~amy~ said...

Yay you for the win! How fun!
Your cocoa card is sooo cute! I love that bear...so darling!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What an adorable card...he has so many marshmallows he doesn't know what to do with them...but he's a happy camper.

SewPaperPaint said...

This is darling! Love that glittered background. <3

Loly Borda said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for your kind words on my blog! I love your Cocoa Bear image, and all the purple in your card. Adorable! TFS

Sylvia said...

What a sweet card, Lisa, love your bear! Nice to visit your blog again, Happy Holidays!

Suchi said...

Hey Lisa...your card is such a darling with that cutie pie teddy! Sweet card! :)
Suchi xx

Mitralee said...

Lovely yummy purple pretty card! Rock on with the win! I am guess it's from Lisa at You Made Me Ink and that is soo cool. She is also a rockstar!

Mandy LaCroix said...

He is so cute! And I really like that gorgeous ribbon. :)

Helen F. said...

Oh your card is really too darn cute!!

Happy Dance said...

I really enjoyed reading your post! I had a few boxes come my way around the same time, too, lol! Really pretty card with an adorable bear image. Love all the purples; it's my middle daughter's favorite color as well! Bev

D.Ann C said...

I am in LOVE with that GORGEOUS, glittery background!!

Becca Yahrling said...

What a wonderful post for a gloriously pretty card! My favorite color is purple so this is a winner for me. Too funny - I just bought a 5x7 snowflake embossing folder yesterday ($2. at AC Moore!).

Maura said...

Beautiful! lovely background and the bear is darling.

Lisa said...

Hey me! It's me!! I'm actually coming back around to say hey! I didn't want to be the first to comment on my own post so I kind of skipped you.. me... Sunday. And gosh... well.. every day since! I got through a whole night tonight on blogger with no reCaptcha... thankful for that... although I think I'm learning some new languages and I'm feeling pretty smart. Well... off to bed.

Shelly said...

This is ADORABLE!!

Helen Gullett said...

That is just too cute!

Lori said...

What a cutie and such a sweet sentiment! So glad that you linked up to my Christmas/Winter challenge at ChouxChoux Paper Art!