Saturday, December 2, 2017

Visions of Sugarplums 2017 - Day 1


So excited to be joining in on the Visions of Sugarplums Event hosted by Lori at Choux Choux Paper Art again this year!  Three days of awesome Christmas creations and chances to play along, comment and win prizes!  I'll give more details at the end of this post!

Here's what I have for you today!


I've been planning on making one of these for quite some time and was inspired again when I went to a craft fair.  I already had everything in my stash.  I tend to buy shadow boxes any time they are on sale when I'm out shopping because you just never know when you're gonna need one!  This one is around 6x6.

I am using some papers from CTMH... an old woodgrain from one of the previous paper packs and the PML card for the sentiment from the Silver & Gold paper pack.  It was SO hard to photograph this baby.. with the black it's a little dark, plus the reflection from the glass and all of the glitter!  But I was able to finally figure out angles and lighting.


I started by attaching my base woodgrain to the inside back mounting.  Whenever I create a shadowbox I use the strongest adhesive I can find because I want it to stand the test of time!  Especially if you're giving it as a gift.  I used that extra strong red tape here.  Then I cut out and matted my PML sentiment and used a little bit of pink to make it stand out.


Then I adhered some seaglass glitter paper to Elizabeth Craft Double Sided adhesive paper and diecut some snowflakes .. the largest is from CTMH... the next largest is from a Tim Holtz set and the little ones are from Lawn Fawn (You can never have too many snowflakes.. no two are alike!  Seriously!)  Mounting the glitter paper on the double sided adhesive made it so easy to stick a couple inside and outside of the piece.


Then I turned my open frame upside down and added some of these awesome brightly colored and glittered bells in various sizes.  I threw a few silver ones in there too for contrast.  Then I attached the back and shook it around a bit 'til they sat the way I wanted for my photo... lol!  I suppose you could glue a few strategically in place, however I wanted mine to be free like a shaker card!

Easy peasy!  You may not have all of this in your stash like I did, but it's nothing a quick trip to your local craft store can't fix!


Thanks for stopping today!  Now .. you have a couple ways to get chances to win prizes over the next few days!

How do you win?  

1.  Start by leaving a comment here that you would like to win (and you can say some other nice stuff if you want :) )

2.  Visit all the other contributors' blogs and leave comments.  

3.  Lori will gather all of the names from all of the blogs and put them in the "hat"  as many times as you leave comments.  Example:  Leave 14 comments = your name 14 times in the "hat".  Her husband is the official "draw-the-names-out" guy. 

Prize winners will be announced on Sunday, December 10th.   You have until Saturday December 9th to leave comments!

Look at all of the awesome sponsors that are offering up prizes for commenting!


AND!

There's a challenge going on over at Choux Choux also with a prize from another great sponsor, Mama Elephant!   The challenge runs from December 2nd through the 16th!   Be sure to head over there to find out all about it and play along!  I sure will be!

Now here are links to today's designers-check out what they've created and leave some love!


Come back tomorrow for some more awesome!




36 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

So PRETTY Lisa! I LOVE making Holiday Shadow boxes! I made 4 one year and gave them as gifts - Made a Fall one as well... I'm with you on purchasing the shadow boxes when ever they're on sale - you never know when you might need one! I LOVE the assorted colors in the box... Wonderful Home Decor Project! Have a great day!

Theresa

Mitralee said...

ohhhh my! I do love black! SO PRETTY! Of course I want to win! HAHAHAHAH!! Although I have a piece of yours with a snowflake that needs to emerge...although it better not give any of the real snowflakes any ideas...

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

so pretty! I love it!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is just STUNNING! I loveeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Betty said...

gorgeous shadow box design - you used such wonderful colors!!

cm said...

Your shadow box, filled with pretty colour and sparkle, is indeed 'merry' and festive! I've not made anything like this, but after seeing yours, I think this will change! Keeping my eyes open for shadow box frames next time I go shopping! Thank you for the Saturday smiles and inspiration!
~carol

jeanchaneyaz said...

I've never made a shadow box, maybe because it reminds me of the dioramas we were forced to make over and over in elementary school, but you may have changed my mind. This is gorgeous, and I like your suggestion that I should go shopping, LOL!

jeanchaneyaz said...

Oh, I forgot to add that I would LOVE to win one of those great prizes!

Debbie said...

Oh my word, Lisa! So elegant and beautiful!!! I love that you purchase shadowboxes 'just in case' you need one!!!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh I'd love to win anything from these great sponsors. This is a beautiful creation. My DIL would love it and I've most all of the items. Love your colors and sparkle.

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a gorgeous shadow box design. I love the festive elements you added to make it fantastic. I would love to win too.

Lori said...

Hi, Lisa! Your Christmas shadowbox is gorgeous. The "merry" looks fabulous and I love all the bells!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, old friend! I'm doing the blog hop! Your shadow box is absolutely beautiful! I love all the sparkle! Those jingle bells are perfect! Your projects are always so impressive! Oh and yes, I would love to win!

egier said...

Love your shadow box Lisa, so festive and fun. I would love to win too lol

Regina Easter said...

oh my friend, this black an so stunning...love this girl

Cat Craig said...

WOW, this is fabulous. Love all the sparklie pieces in your shadowbox. Fantastic.

Maria said...

Oh, gorgeous shadow box!! Full of sparkly color...love it!! Fab project!!

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Love your shadow box is awesome!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That’s such a wonderful shadow box ! And yes I’d be glad to win ! margessw@icloud.com

Dawn T said...

Yes I'd love to win.... your shadow box is totally incredible.

Donna Espiritu said...

Lovely shadow box! Thanks for sharing!

Tracey said...

Helloooo...its so fun to be hopping with You! I'm so behind on my visits to you, thankyou so much for all your kind words! I love this idea, what a wonderful gift...all glittery. Love the idea its kinda a shaker frame as well. Happy December you too :)

Debbie Johnson said...

I'd love to win! Such a cool project! Thanks for sharing!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Beautiful card! I love all that glitter and bling!

Esther Asbury said...

What a bright and cheery shadow box! Love the sparkles and bling!

Karen Letchworth said...

Another fabulous project, Lisa. Thanks for sharing in the Visions of Sugarplums Blog Hop. Your art is SO awesome.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth

Melissa L. said...

Super cool and very fun! Thanks for the cool inspiration and the fun hop.

Michelle said...

Oh My! This is absolutely beautiful! The colors, the details, EVERYTHING about it is perfect! Thanks for joining the fun at Color My Heart!

Pam Sebring Iowa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pam Sebring Iowa said...

This is absolutely stunning! You make sure to catch every little detail and it is gorgeous! Happy holidays!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty. I love the black frame which really makes all the other colors pop. Thanks for sharing your creations in the hop. I would love to WIN, and I thank you for taking part.
Sierra Winters

Annette Allen said...

what a fun frame.. totally love it

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What a beautiful wall decoration, and what a lovely assortment of non-traditional, bright and pretty color combinations...love everything about it. Thanks for sharing with us at ColorMyHeart Color Dare's December Holiday Linky Party...hope to see more of your projects and invite some of your many friends to join us too for PRIZES at end of month.

Sheila Bennett said...

Fabulous decor item! Thanks for playing along with the Heart 2 Heart challenge.

Brandi said...

I love it Lisa, I love the use of the PML card in a shadow box to create home décor. Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Cat Nowak said...

What a fabulous project! I love this and will definitely have to remember this for next year!! Thank you for joining us in our December Color Dare Challenge.