Sunday, December 3, 2017

Visions of Sugarplums 2017 - Day 2


Welcome to Day 2 of the Visions of Sugarplums Blog Hop and Challenge hosted by Lori over at Choux Choux Paper Art!

I'm hopping along with some of my teamies from Paper Sweeties and here's what I have for you today!


I've been wanting to make one of these cute mini coffee cup holders for a while now... everytime I see Debbie create one I remember.. I have those cups... I must do this!  So I got the digital PDF file from the Paper Sweeties Shop (that you can get here) and finally put one together!

This set has two PDF files that can be printed.  One has the cutting, scoring and folding instructions to put together the adorable box and handle and the other has some cutting patterns for the bow and cup covers.  It was so quick and easy to put together and I love it!


I used some double sided papers from Authentique and My Minds Eye.  I printed the bow and cup cover patterns on regular copy paper and cut them out.  Then I took the paper I wanted and flipped it so that the "good side".. the side that would show was on the back and traced my pieces with pencil and then cut them all out.  If you have a pattern that has a right or wrong direction, just be careful how you place the pattern pieces on the paper.  And I used strong adhesive for all of it... redline tape for the box and handle... glue dots for the bow, Ranger Multi Medium Matte for the ribbon, and some Liquid Glass here and there ... the button and the gems and the pompoms on this little guys sweet winter hat:


I trimmed the outside of the box with some pretty crocheted ribbon.. almost looks like pom poms and then stamped, cut and colored a couple of the adorable snowmen from the Paper Sweeties Thanks Snow Much stamp and die sets.  I decided to place one on the "front" and "back" of my holder so both sides would be just as pretty and the one on the back covered up the seam from my ribbon.


Aren't these cups just the cutest!  That paper is from Authentique and was on the back of the pretty plaid I used for my box... just love it!


And that double bow... just LOVE it!

And here's an extra treat for you! ALL Paper Sweeties HOLIDAY PRODUCTS are 30% off using coupon: sugarplum! Sale ends 12/3 at 11:59 pm EST, cannot be combined with other offers or discounts and cannot be used on items already on sale.

So there's me for today!  I'm going to put some cute little embellishments and ribbons in my cups to give as a gift to a crafty friend... I think she's gonna LOVE it!  What will you do with yours?

Thanks for stopping today!  Now .. you have a couple ways to get chances to win prizes over the next few days!

How do you win?  

1.  Start by leaving a comment here that you would like to win (and you can say some other nice stuff if you want :) )

2.  Visit all the other contributors' blogs and leave comments.  

3.  Lori will gather all of the names from all of the blogs and put them in the "hat"  as many times as you leave comments.  Example:  Leave 14 comments = your name 14 times in the "hat".  Her husband is the official "draw-the-names-out" guy. 

Prize winners will be announced on Sunday, December 10th.   You have until Saturday December 9th to leave comments!

Look at all of the awesome sponsors that are offering up prizes for commenting!


AND!

There's a challenge going on over at Choux Choux also with a prize from another great sponsor, Mama Elephant!   The challenge runs from December 2nd through the 16th!   Be sure to head over there to find out all about it and play along!  I sure will be!


Now here are links to today's designers-check out what they've created and leave some love!


Come back tomorrow for more awesome projects and inspiration!


27 comments:

Donna Espiritu said...

This so pretty!!!

Tracey said...

Wow...looks fabulous Lisa, I love it too and that double bow is gorgeous. Fabulous creating!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Lisa! This little mini coffee cup set is right up your alley! Beautiful papers used, and such an adorable snowman! Love that gorgeous bow too!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing gift set!! Great idea! Love the little coffee cups and the basket!

Mitralee said...

Rock star! You always make the bestest stuff!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMG!!!! This is an AWESOME set! LOVING those cups, the holder and that little snowman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I ♥ these little coffee cups. And your carrier with the plaid paper is just perfect!

jeanchaneyaz said...

How adorable and festive your cup holder is, Lisa! That bow is such a nice topper too. And, yes, I would love to win!

egier said...

Very cute ! Love the red crocheted ribbon with little Pom poms :)

Debbie said...

So yummy ... LOVE the little pom-poms on the snowman's cap!!!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I would love to win..such fun sponsers. And I love the detail you have put into these projects. Colors are awesome.

Scrapper69 said...

Soooo CUTE Lisa! I've been wanting to make one of these myself!! LOVE how yours turned out.. that bow is so sweet on the top!

Theresa

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a darling mini cut holder. Great job!

cm said...

Such a sweet coffee themed ensemble! The bow, the pompoms, the little snowman...cuteness galore! And yes, I'd love to win! Thank you for another round of outstanding inspiration!
~carol

Betty said...

what a fun little gift box - love it!

Maria said...

What a wonderful project, Lisa!! Decorated with awesome detail!! The snowman is just too cute!!

Debbie Johnson said...

Love these gift holders! Thanks!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

So adorable! Love the pompom trim!

Lori said...

Your gift box and cups are adorable! Love the big bow and cute snowman!

cghundley said...

Cute cup holder
and the bow is
neat looking.
Carla from Utah

Dawn T said...

WOW - what a stunner of a project. I'd love to be a winner...

Greta said...

What a wonderful project! Love the papers & that sweet trim!

Esther Asbury said...

What delightful little coffee cups in a beautiful holder! Wonderful project!

Pam Sebring Iowa said...

Oh Lisa! What a cute idea. And you have done it beautifully. Enjoy your holidays

Karen Letchworth said...

This is adorable. I bought the coffee cups from Paper Sweeties, but haven't used them yet. ADORBS! Thanks for sharing in the Visions of Sugarplums. Your art always inspires me and makes me happy!
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Oh my ! What an adorable creation ! margessw@icloud.com

Unknown said...

This is such a cute little coffee tote. How adorable! I would love to WIN any of these prizes, but I would never match your creativity!
Sierra Winters