Thursday, November 30, 2017

Paper Sweeties Challenge - December 2017 Anything Goes!


Welcome to this month's Paper Sweeties Anything Goes Challenge!  Isn't that a sweet inspiration photo??  And here's how I was inspired:


I'm getting ready for the Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop so I thought I'd warm up a bit and share something Coffee-y with you!  I was inspired by the wood.. the colors and patterns... and the Christmas theme.

I started with my plaid background and then cut the wood background using the Circle Scallop Frames Sweet Cuts.


Then I cut a cup from the Keep Calm And Drink Coffee Sweet Cups and stamped the Joy sentiment from the new Meet Me Under The Mistletoe stamp set on it and popped it up on the card.


I used the Holly Sweet Cuts form the Meet Me Under The Mistletoe set to cut some leaves as well as the squigglies from the Sweet Borders Sweet Cuts.  I stamped the cute little birdie from the Hippity Hoppity Easter stamp set using some Sand Memento Ink so that I could do some no line coloring on this cutie... I made her into a Cardinal for the Christmas Season and I think she's enjoying her Holiday outfit. I colored right over her eye because I knew I could draw it back in and cut of the flower in her "hair" knowing it would be extra hard to color around and that I could add a paper flower later.  I nestled my little Tweetie in amongst the holly and twigs inside my cup and then added some strawberry sequins for berries.


I finished it off with some crinkly seambinding and a few more paper flowers.

I'm playing along with the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Anything Goes Challenge for this week!

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you are inspired to create something for this month's challenge!

And be sure to check out all of the awesome creations by my teamies:

Michelle Bala
Nancy Salkeld


And be sure to play along because you could win this!


And be sure to come back often this month!  Paper Sweeties blog is having the annual Designer Blog Hop all month and tomorrow starts the Visions of Sugar Plums Hop and Challenge!  See you soon!




7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the cup and the bird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria said...

Darling red bird in the coffee cup with the holly, Lisa!! Very cute and so creative...love it!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

How darling is this design with the little bird and holly in the cup. I love it!

Scrapper69 said...

Ooh, how CUTE! I LOVE it and how cool to stamp the JOY on the cup - it looks like something that would totally be on a store bought holiday mug! LOVE it! :)

Theresa

Mitralee said...

So cute! love your cardinal! LOVE that little flower on the top! HUGS!

~amy~ said...

so SUPER cute.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Your card is so adorable ! margessw@icloud.com