Saturday, November 11, 2017

Bee Well With Paper Smooches


Popping in again with some more Watercoloring and Paper Smooches Stamps!  For this one I used watercolors to color the background before I started.  I used a few different blues and placed it where I thought I wanted it... turns out, I was right!  


I stamped the jar full of flowers from the Best Buds stamp set on watercolor paper using Ranger Archival Ink which is a good choice of ink to use if you are going to watercolor.   There are others, but this is the ink that I use.  For the jar, I drew a light line across where my water would be filled to with a very small amount of color and then used a very small amount of the same colors I used for the background to make some streaks... a trick I learned in a Copic Class by Jennifer Dove.  In the old days I would have just colored the water blue... but water isn't blue.  It does however pick up the reflection of color from the things around it.. I love the way it came out!


Then I colored in the flowers.  Notice I didn't color to the edges of the flowers.  I guess it's called "loose coloring".  I like the look of it because to me it looks even more watercolored and a little haphazard.


I had a couple of these cute bees from the Courteous Cuties stamp set already stamped and cut on Copic friendly paper so I colored them using my Zig Clean Color Markers with just a tiny bit of water since it was not on watercolor paper and stamped with Memento Ink.  I also added some stickles to the wings.   I stamped the sentiment also from Courteous Cuties directly onto my background.


Love those cutie pie bees!  I popped everything up with foam tape and added a few sequins to finish it off.


So that's me for today!  I'm playing along with the Paper Smooches Guest Designer Search for December, The Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge, and Word Art Wednesday's Anything Goes Challenge #308-#309!. You should check them out and play along too!






5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this! LOVING those flowers and the bees!!!!!!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great coloring and I love your pretty card design with the bouquet of flowers.

Mitralee said...

So pretty!!! Happy little bee!

~amy~ said...

What a sweet card! Love your coloring and watercoloring.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

This is so lovely !