Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas-Tag #4


Welcome to Tag 4 from the 12 Tags of Christmas hosted by the Funkie Junkie Boutique! Well!  I didn't get my two cubbies done last weekend... or even one....lol!  But I did catch up quite a bit with some other "chores".  Here's a link to details on Linda's Tag #4 (above) and here is how I was inspired by it:


It's been tricky to translate the tags into these 3D scenes.  And I was so upset because when I saw this tag, I knew I had the exact right bell (see the bells in the ribbon of the tag).  I'd been to a rummage sale and had picked up this pretty old bell that would have fit perfectly in this cubby.  It traveled around in my purse for a long time and recently I came across it and said... hey... I better put this somewhere safe!  And guess what... now that I know exactly what it would be perfect for, I can't find it.  If I had left it in my purse, you'd see it in this picture here.  BUT!

I had to get over it.  It wasn't easy but how much time would I keep wasting trying to figure out the awesome place I put it.  So ... don't be surprised if you see it somewhere here before I'm done, but not in this one.


So instead, I took my inspiration from the sheet of music, the ribbon, the colors, and the texture... I had a couple spools.. one was pretty and vintage looking that I got at an antique store somewhere close... it was pretty cheap so I know it's not vintage, but I loved it anyway.  The other smaller one I got in a package at Michael's.  I wrapped the small one in burlap ribbon to add texture (love the textured areas in Linda's tag).  And I took some crinkled seam binding from Paper Sweeties and rubbed on some gold Nuvo mouse and then sprayed it with some Gold Shimmer Spritz from Heidi Swapp and wrapped it around the larger spool and made a big bow.  I added the music notes to the small one and that pretty gold button to the large.  I also scattered around some pinecones to make this cubby cohesive with the rest of the piece.


Here is the area surrounding this one... we'll talk more about that pretty poinsettia at a later date :)!  Now, on to the next!  And be sure to check out the Funkie Junkie Boutique!  Sign up for the newsletters so you get notifications of all of the awesome sales that are always going on!  I've got some things in my cart right now!


1 comment:

Scrapper69 said...

Hi Lisa! Sorry I've been MIA - Blogger would NOT let me leave comments! This has been for DAYS!!! UGH!! I tried all kinds of things but it would not let me leave them - I honestly have no clue what happen or whats wrong - I had to download Firefox - and that is how I'm leaving comments today thru them! Geesh! So, since you made sooooo many flippin amazing Projects - I can't comment on them all now - But just know I have seen them ALL and I love seeing your creativity! Today's project is Beautiful! I love how you did this last year - using the tags to create those holiday projects in those tiny cubbies - The Red & White Ornament one looks awesome - and WOW to your tags! I love that Hawaiian one, so neat! your Christmas cards are so pretty and your Layout pages have been wonderful to see - each page will be cherished once she gets it from you! :) I also thought your planner pages were so cute! Love the holiday paper you used! I don't know if or when my blogger will act right - so I'll try to start leaving comments through Firefox until it resolves itself... IF it ever does! I'm just glad I can leave blogging love again! HUGS! Have a great night! :)

Theresa