Wednesday, November 29, 2017

2017 Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas-Tag #5


The hurrier I go the behinder I get!  My Grandma used to say that and it came up recently with a friend whose Dad used to say it also... it's from Alice & Wonderland and it's sooo true this time of year!  Here I am, on Week 5 of the Funkie Junkie's 12 Tags of Christmas!  She just revealed her Week 10 tag!!...lol!  Luckily I have until December 29th to finish all of mine and believe me.. I am loving my project(s) so much there is no doubt I will finish!  Linda's tag is above and here is how I was inspired:


If you're here often you know that instead of tags, my friend Mitra found this old golf ball display shelf and prettied it up for me so that I could use it for this challenge.  I'm decorating a cubby(ies) for each tag.  Check out Mitra's blog here... wait 'til you see what she's making!

I was inspired by the vintage image of Santa... and believe it or not in all of my large stash of stamps... not ONE vintage Santa... so I hopped on over to the Funkie Junkie Boutique which you can find here!  She's got all kinds of fun and funkie stuff in that shop... just love it!  I found this quite awesome Graphic 45 St. Nicholas set for only $8... you can check it out here and it's on sale now if you find you must have it!  I stamped it on Colonial White cardstock with Versamark Ink and used some Gilded embossing powder from Brutus Monroe... LOVE!  Then I ink distressed it using some Vintage Photo Distress Ink from Tim Holtz.


I was also inspired by the wood elements in the tag and I dug out this pretty wooden frame that I bought on clearance after last Christmas and while I was waiting for my stamp set to arrive, I painted it with white Gesso and then sloppily added some acrylic paint in Seaglass and that pretty gold.  I attached the stamped image to the back of the frame and attached the whole thing to my cubby... as you can see it overlaps, but I LOVE that it does and I have plenty of cubbies left to finish the challenge.  When I'm all done with every tag, I'll fill in around with lots more stuff.


I added the bells to throw in some red and some pinecones and snowflakes to tie it in with the rest of the piece.

That's it!  I've already got #6 rolling around in my head but lots going on here this week, so it might be a bit before I get that one but hope you'll come back to check it all out!  And it's not too late for you to play along with the Funkie Junkie challenge!  You can make tags or cards or fancy golf ball shelves... anything you want as long as each piece is inspired by the tag for that week!  Be sure to check out all of the details in the first post here and then play along!  I'd love to hear about it if you do so I can come and check out what you're up to also!

Thanks for stopping and see you soon!


6 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

This turned out so pretty & Elegant Lisa! Beautiful Vintage Santa & I LOVE the wood Frame! HUGS!

Theresa

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love these!! Just GORGEOUS! LOVING those vintage Santa's!!!!!!!

jeanchaneyaz said...

Love the vintage look of this, Lisa. I can't wait to see the finished piece!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your tag is fantastic! And I love the gorgeous wall decor you made with that beautiful frame.

Mitralee said...

Oh awesome!!! I can't wait to see it all done! HUGS!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh my, Lisa! This is gorgeous. LOVE the wood flourish frame and that Santa stamp looks amazing. Ican't really see where you have placed this in your cubby but I hope it will be the focal point for your project because it is so beautiful. So glad that you have shared it with my visitors. Thanks so much for playing in week #6.

Hugs,
Linda