Friday, July 6, 2018

Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge July 2018 - Embossing


Welcome to the July 2018 Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge!  So sorry for our tardiness, but it's summer and we are on vacations!  This month the challenge is to use embossing on your project!  Any and all types of embossing are welcome.  Just use one or more embossing techniques and let us know what you did.  Details are on the Three Amigos Blog here!

I have a nephew that is graduating high school this year and I created a card for him.  I used a wood plank embossing folder from Close To My Heart on the black layer.


Then I added some die cut starts using some dies from my stash and LOVE this Congrats word die from My Favorite Things... such a fantastic font!  I cut it once from glitter paper and twice from cardstock and layered it.  I just love the look the extra layers give!


Here's the inside!  I rarely decorate the inside of my cards ... mostly I'm making them for future use and am not sure what sentiment I'll use or even if I'll be the one using it.  But I knew with this one.  I heat embossed the corners using an old CTMH set.. old old... in silver and then I added some dots using an Emboss It marker and sprinkled on some more embossing powder and heated it.  The sentiment is from the same set and it's one I'll hang onto for a long time.  Then I forgot I was going to photo the inside, so as you can see I've already signed it..lol!  But when I remembered, I stopped, photographed it, and added some more words... those are just for him!  (and full disclosure, I added the names of the whole family including the dogs...lol)


Can't wait to see what you create and what new techniques we pick up from you!  Head on over to Donna and Susan's places and then to the Three Amigos blog for all of the details and to find out who won from the June challenge.  We sure hope you play along with us!

Thanks for stopping and see you again soon!


5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING the stars and how you did the inside!!!!!!!!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is gorgeous, Lisa! Love the gold and black! The stars are perfect for a graduation card!

Susan Fogle said...

Stunning card, Lisa! Love how you incorporated your signature sparkle and shine while keeping the card masculine for your nephew! I about fell out of my chair when I saw the inside decorated too. Lol!

Scrapper69 said...

So Sparkly! LOVE all the gold!

Theresa

Gail said...

Fabulous work Lisa - I love the GOLD very much@!