Monday, July 16, 2018

Paper Sweeties Blast From The Past July 2018 - Day 3


For our last day of Blast From The Past, I've used some more of that pretty red wood grain paper to create a country feeling card.  That sweet sentiment from the Hey Y'all set helps with that too!


Not to mention the beautiful With Love Sweet Cuts doily!


So... about these flowers!  Easy Peasy!  I simply used the snowflake die and cut them from white paper.. then I laid them upside right on a foam pad made to use with a piercing tool... anything with some give will work... a mouse pad, a loose pile of papers... you get it, right?  It was hard to take any good pics while I did it but basically it looks like this:


Then I took an embossing tool/stylus and pressed into the flower at each "elbow" between the petals which caused them to cup and look more flower shaped.  Then I took some yellow Nuvo drops and created the center... you could use anything really... a gem, a tiny pom pom, a sequin.  See?  Easy peasy!  The hardest part was making my eyes see something other than a snowflake outline!  I'm gonna be using these quite a bit!

So thanks for stopping!  Be sure to check out what everyone has made for you today:

Nancy Salkeld

Come back tomorrow!  I'll having some more fun for you!





2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeee this! LOVING those flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

You did get a country feel....I love it. Great wood grain paper used with those pretty flowers and lacy heart.