Sunday, June 19, 2016

My Happy Place-Thank You To Simple Stories and Petaloo!


So a couple weeks ago I entered a drawing to win some awesome stuff when Petaloo and Simple Stories teamed up. And much to my surprise, I won!!  How exciting... I mean both companies make such awesome stuff!  Yesterday evening I went to my mailbox and there it was... this beautiful tropical You Are Here paper pack that includes all kinds of coordinating items .. paper, stickers (which include cute little images, phrases and letters), not to mention little PML cards and more.  AND a whole bunch of packages of flowers and ribbon from Petaloo. 

I was trying to figure out how I'd get a good picture of it all to say thank you, however then I decided better to actually make something with it so I decided to squeeze in another coffee card today (really I'm supposed to be cleaning...but hey!  It's Coffee Lovers Bloghop week and even my husband is starting to realize what that means!

The background above was one of the around postcard sized images included in the pack as well as the striped paper behind it.. and the saying was already on it... and since that's true for tropical vacation, coffee, and my craft room I decided it was perfect... In fact... this may become part of said room.

  
I just got this awesome Coffee To Go Cup die this week from SugarPea Designs (one of the Super Sponsors for the hop)... #amymademebuyit ... just in time for the hop... but with all of the ideas I had I didn't know if I'd get a chance to use this one for this hop.  It was unavailable for a long time and when it was finally back in stock I snatched it up.  I like to be able to cut one without having to fire up the computer and Cricut every time and something I can be mobile with.  It is awesome!  AND I was able to use some packaging to cut the cup and top from.  The same clear plastic I've been punching out little circles to use as embellishments.  I just ran it through 3 or 4 times and it worked great!


I cut the cup out a second time using some watercolored paper I've had laying around... it was the perfect color for a carmel frappuchino!  Don't know if you noticed, but I cut the top at an angle since I knew my cup would be at an angle.  Then I cut my whipped topping out of glitter paper and used one of the Simple Stories zip strips to cut out the straw.  I added a vellum circle diecut with my CDD Stitched Circle dies because I didn't want to completely cover up the background paper since it's so beautiful and I like the effect.  I popped the cup up on the vellum.


Then it was just adding the already gorgeous Petaloo paper flowers that coordinate perfectly with this tropical paper.  Check out that paper butterfly too!  I just LOVE Petaloo's gorgeous flowers... nothing to do... just take them out of the package and throw them on.. easy and beautiful.  I also used a few stickers for the pineapple and the two sentiment tags and sprinkled on a few CDD large flower sequins... these suckers are big and the colors were perfect for this card.

Thanks for stopping again today for this unexpected addition to my Coffee Lovin' projects.  Come back tomorrow for Atlantic Hearts!  Things will be "Poppin' and Crackin'" around here!  Now... to get back to that housework!  or... maybe one more card :)  And if you haven't yet... be sure to check out the Coffee Lovers Hop!!  And play along!  Don't tell me you don't have any coffee stuff... some of the sponsors are giving away free digis!  Get over there! Lots of prizes... you will not regret it!

And thank you Cheryl Cohen from Petaloo and thank you Simple Stories for the awesome prizes.  And thank you Sugar Pea Designs for sponsoring the hop.  And thank you Amy Tsuruta for putting on another awesomely fun hop!






39 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love all your incredible details.

Lisa said...

Gorgeous layering! I love the froth on the top!

Ceal said...

gorgeous card, love al the details

Verna Angerhofer said...

Looks like a perfect retreat! Great card.

Michele K. Henderson said...

Gorgeous card, Lisa! All the details are amazing!

Becca Yahrling said...

Great job on the whole design of this card - it's awesome!

Migdalia said...

Lovely scene!! Wonderful card!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

Gail said...

Yep I could be happy there!

DIANA L. said...

Great paper choices your design and all your embellies made it perfect.!! I love it.
Thank you for your inspiration!!. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

StampingbugKerry said...

Yummy! Your card looks like a Hawaiian postcard. Love it!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

WOW - this is such a FABULOUS card! Thanks so much for the inspiration :)!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so fabulous

Tenia Nelson said...

LOVE!!!

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Such a fabulous cluster of beauty!! Love your layers with the new die!! Especially the plastic dome!!

Lisa said...

Hey there me! It's me again! Having a lot of fun and seeing a lot of really cool things along the hop! I'm still excited about this prize package... can't wait to crack it open again! Well... on my way!

Ann said...

Loving this and so pretty.

Nikki said...

Wow this is so pretty

Loly Borda said...

I love all the tropical details in your card, and the sentiment is perfect! Congrats on winning! You are rocking all the new goodies. Thanks for sharing and thanks for your kind words on my blog.

Suchi said...

Awesome card with great design! :)
Suchi xx

Arianna Barbara said...

Absolutely amazing!

Lizzy Hill said...

What a gorgeous, DELISH card..... & go you with that win!!!!! That would be amazing:):)

Tracey said...

Ooooh I love this card....so cool!The colours , design , so pretty! Its so much fun to win stuff...Congratulations, woo hoo :)

Tracey said...

Its late here I'll be back in the morning :)

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Lisa, lovely mix of papers and elements! Happy Monday!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What a great card Lisa, and all that happy mail used...beautiful...so many details and you make them coordinate so well. By the way, We must have minds that think alike, my card was right next to yours.

New Creations said...

Love this beautiful PP, so much fun detailing work to see, soooo adorable!

Beverley said...

Stunning card and what a wonderful selection of goodies to win! Love how you have clustered the coffee cup and flowers and let the gorgeous tropical sunset paper shine - FAB! Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

~amy~ said...

SCORE! What an awesome card! Nothing better than tropical and coffee!

Tonya said...

Great card! Congrats on your winnings.

KT Fit Kitty said...

What an awesome prize to win! Congrats!!! Your happy place looks like a place I'd like to go! Love those gorgeous flowers!

Karen B. said...

Tropical paradise on your card!

Hetty said...

Love to join you in your happy place.Wonderful card.

Doudou said...

Beautiful card. Love the summmer scene

Krafty Kaylin said...

great card

Helen F. said...

this is beautiful!

Maura said...

Goregous! Layers are lovely.

Melanie R said...

How happy is this? Love the tropical look and beachy feel.

Helen Gullett said...

GORGEOUS!!! WOW!

Atchaya(Akshma) said...

wowww stunning