Friday, June 17, 2016

Inkspirational Challenge and More Coffee Lovin'!



Happy Day 2 of the Summer 2016 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!  I am excited to be a Guest Designer over the at the Inkspirational Challenge Blog.  I was one of the top picks over at the blog in April with my Umbrella card that you can see here if you'd like (thanks to my friend Melanie for telling me about this challenge blog that was new to me at the time) so they asked me to be a Guest Designer for the new challenge starting today!
 
The challenge today over at Inkspirational is all about masking.  For my project I decided to use some thin washi tape to mask off some diagonal lines on a white piece of cardstock.  Then I sponged on some CTMH ink in various colors letting one color overlap and fade into the other before peeling off the tape.  I was pretty happy with how it came out!
 
I used my Neat and Tangled coffee set, Perfect Blend and am also playing along with the Neat and Tangled Embossing Challenge over on their challenge blog. And by the way... #Amymademebuyit... she really did!


I used a couple different kinds of embossing on this one... I embossed the vellum background piece with my awesome Karen Burniston coffee bean embossing folder and I heat embossed the coffee in the coffee cup and my coffee stains from the Perfect Blend stamp set with some gold embossing powder.


I also had a chance to use these pretty flower dies from Heartfelt Creations that I got for free with the gift certificate I won during the Spring Coffee Lovers Hop!  #AmyMadeMeBuyIt ... yup... she sure did... I mean yeah... this one was free... but if it wasn't for Amy I wouldn't have won it... and .. well... of course I bought a little extra too!...lol!  I used some Tim Holtz dies for the leaves and notice my Paper Sweeties squigglies from the Sweet Borders Sweet Cuts... I'm telling you... I use this die set ALL THE TIME!


Love the sentiments on this Neat and Tangled set!!  Of course I also had to top it all off with some of my Paper Sweeties sequins in gold... of course!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today.  And thanks to the Inkspirational Challenge Blog team for thinking enough of my makes to ask me to be a guest designer.  And thanks to the one and only Amy Tsuruta for hosting the Coffee Hop... again!

Come back tomorrow... you know I'll be here!
  
http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/1184

43 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Beautiful colors and design

Marina said...

This is such a pretty, colourful and lively card – I love that it has a coffee theme without being coffee coloured! The masked stripes are perfect and the vellum and ribbon give layers with lightness. Thank you for being our fabulous Guest Designer at Inkspirational.

sandie said...

What superb masking and it really turned out fabulous. Your blending is excellent and such pretty colours. Thank you for being our GD we are so pleased you joined us x

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love the combination of all your colors...bright and cheerful. Vellum and coffee stains a plus...love everything about your card.

Ann said...

Wonderful card, love those blooms.

Gail said...

Congrats on Guest designer - beautiful card

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and those flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Such a PRETTY, COLORFUL card! Thanks so much for the inspiration :)!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Congratulations on your guestie spot! Well deserved! Your card is gorgeous! The dies, stamps, gorgeous background - love it all!

Lisa said...

Hey me! Hopping along... I've seen some pretty awesome creations! Well, gotta keep it short and get on my way!

Becca Yahrling said...

Wow, gorgeous in every way!

Julia Aston said...

What a bright colorful card!

Nikki said...

very pretty card just noticed the embossed coffee beans very nice

Beverley said...

Well done on your GDT spot, well deserved. Loving your card, so many wonderful details, especially the coffee bean embossing folder. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Ceal said...

Beautiful card, I love the background.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

StampingbugKerry said...

Very pretty! Love the collection of posies you used on your card. :)

Tonya said...

Lovely card! Congrats on your guest spot. :-)

Sylvia said...

Another lovely card, Ms Lisa! I love your well done masking. Perfect stripes and I love your colors! Happy hopping and enjoy your summer!

Krafty Kaylin said...

love all the dimension

Mitralee said...

those flowers, so yum! and that background is amazing! I really enjoyed reading about your process...over coffee of course!

~amy~ said...

YAY for being a guestie! Your card is beautiful! I always love your details.

chuckling ---> #amymademebuyit

Karen B. said...

Beautiful blooms to compliment the coffee!

Kim Heggins said...

Gorgeous card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card with the flowers and coffee theme.

Hetty said...

Beautiful and rich card
with these wonderful flower embellisments.

Michele K. Henderson said...

Love the dimension of your card! The birds eye view of the coffee mug is a great idea!

cm said...

Your striped/masked background is the perfect canvas for your amazing flowers and those charming coffee images! Clever, pretty and wonderfully inspiring! So thrilled that you're our GD; you've certainly added a WOW to the challenge!
~carol

Arianna Barbara said...

Absolutely stunning!!!

OH Babs said...

Lovely card and full of so much detail.

Shelly said...

Sooo pretty!

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa!
Your art is lovely! I hope you're enjoying the Coffee Loving Cardmakers' Summer Blog Hop as much as I am. Happy crafting!
Sierra
www.sierrasgift.blogspot.com

SewPaperPaint said...

Beautiful design love the embossed beans congrats on your guest spot

Helen F. said...

Lovely card

Kim M said...

Beautiful card! Love the striped masking! Those flowers are gorgeous! So glad you could GD for us! :-)

Tee said...

Beautiful layering! Gorgeous card!

Tina H said...

This is just gorgeous!! Love the beautiful layering and the striped background :) <3

Helen Gullett said...

WOW! Lovely and sweet card. Your cluster of flowers around the cup is beautiful.

Melanie R said...

Congrats on being an Inkspirational designer. I saw your card at the challenge. I love your subtle "coffee" touches - the embossing of the beans and the cup rings with splatter are perfect!

AmethystCat said...

wow! that background is stunning! I'm so going to try that technique! so many great elements on your card

Sheryl said...

The flower touches are gorgeous!

Atchaya(Akshma) said...

Such a lovely card.

Shelly said...

This is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!