Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Coffee, Friends, and Sunbursts!

Back again with another Coffee Card for the Summer 2016 Coffee Lovers Bloghop!


My good friend Patti made one of these when we were at a crop together and I've been wanting to try it since!  She found something on Pinterest and then kind of winged it and when I started creating mine, I checked in with her and then I winged it too.  Basically she had me cut a bunch of rectangles that were about 1.5 inches wide and 4.5 inches long.  Then I cut them each from one corner to the other corner and proceeded to place the rectangles in a starburst pattern where I thought I wanted them on my paper before I decided it was time to glue them down.  That's it.  Nothing too scientific and there may be a better way to do it, but THAT is what I did.  Where they came together is where I first placed my border across the bottom and then slapped on my beautiful Paper Sweeties heart doily from the With Love Sweet Cuts.  You can make this Sunburst design without the border and have the rays go all around, but I chose to make mine this way.  There are tons of links on Pinterest where I'm sure you could find tutorials... I'll call my version "Winging It".

These very cool coffee stamps are from Stamplorations and I'm also playing along with the Stamplorations Never Ending Anything Goes Challenge!


Just love the many coffee stamps they have over at the Stamplorations Shop!  I used Coffee Happy for the coffee pot and cup.  I stamped the tip of one of the feathers from the Trendy Feathers 2 set onto the cup and colored it all in with my Copic markers.  The steam was cut from vellum using a Paper Sweeties die... it's my favorite way to add steam to my coffee projects these days...


I just love all the sentiments on the Coffee Happy Set... and I love the look of a white sentiment embossed on black paper... and I got these cute little paper flowers at my LSS and cut the little leaves with a Paper Sweeties die from Hello Spring set.  The little cross-stitched heart ... I borrowed a die from mom and I don't remember where it was from... but I can find out if you would like to know.

So thanks for stopping by!  You still have today and tomorrow to link up to the Coffee Lovers Hop!  Come on!  Throw your cup in the ring!!  Nothing to lose and everything to win!

Oh... I almost forgot... #AMYMADEMEBUYIT !

35 comments:

Shery Russ said...

Well, I'll be...your "Winging It" sunburst design is so awesome! Love the shabby chic feel of your card. Totally crushing over all the layers you've got going here. So happy to see this beauty in the STAMPlorations gallery!

Sylvia said...

Hi Lisa in Arizona, your card looks fabulous! Love that creative flow. Your card is like a pieced quilt, just love it! Happy Thursday!

Tee said...

Fantastic background!

Lisa Lara said...

oh what beautiful detail Lisa. I love the rays from all the lovely designer paper.

New Creations said...

Love all the beautiful and amazing layers to create this rays, darn cute creation!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Gorgeus card!

Becca Yahrling said...

Wow - gorgeous! Love the boldness and all the pretty layers.

CarlavdM said...

Lots to see, super card!

Teresa Kline said...

sooo pretty! I am giving away old/retired Verve stamps on my blog....comment for your chance at winning

http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2016/06/youre-best.html

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Teresa Kline said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ceal said...

So pretty!

Gail said...

A lovely backgammon - nice job!@

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the bursts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michele K. Henderson said...

LOVE all these fun layers!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh just look at the cute little coffee caraffe! I love your sunburst and all the gorgeous layers and embellishments!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great background...it was fun when we all kinda did a make and take with Patti's wing-it design...a lot of creative cards came out of this tutorial Patti found. Again your embellishments to this background is gorgeous.

Karen Schroeder said...

OMG! I love it! All the details come together to make an amazing card!

Kim Heggins said...

Just beautiful...love all your fabulous details.

Ann said...

Lovely card.

Migdalia said...

Absolutely Gorgeous!

kReN said...

So much to love here. So many elements and details. I'll bet it was fun to create!

~amy~ said...

I love your "winging it" technique. Awesome design to feature fun patterns.

Mitralee said...

Ok so I love the idea of winging it, but then I wonder if Regina would make us one...lets ask...and I too love the idea of black with white embossing power, just made something the other day with that idea...musta saw it here 'cause now I remember that YOU do it all the time! And lastly, I really think this card is epic!!! SUPER EPIC!! Rocking Super Epic....

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Love your quilting of all the patterns together! Great idea and execution!

Atchaya(Akshma) said...

Lovely card.Love the layers

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, so fabulous

Karen B. said...

So many fantastic details!

Hetty said...

Great variation of papers that makes a wonderful card.

Beverley said...

Beautiful card, so many lovely elements, papers and colours. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Janice Rosenthal Rock said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Lovely sunburst design and love all the rest of the card as well.

Helen F. said...

Great card!

Tonya said...

Great card!

DIANA L. said...

That is one cute coffee pot I love it.
Thank you for your inspiration!!. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Helen Gullett said...

WOW!! This is fantastic card! Love the design and your layering work