Monday, June 20, 2016

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #165 Plus Coffee!


Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #165!  Michelle has given us another great sketch to work with.. thank you Michelle!!

As you may or may not know... the Coffee Lovers Bloghop is going on.  A week long celebration of all hot beverages and bloggy friendships.  It happens four times a year and this week is the Summer edition.  I decided to incorporate some caffeine with my Atlantic Hearts!  I used a very old CTMH set here and some other really cool stuff.  For one thing... check out my Crazy Stitched Frame from Craftin Desert Divas (Super Sponsor-Free Digi Offered For the Hop)!  


For the background I was inspired by one of my PS Design Teammates to watercolor some red and blue... mine didn't turn out nearly as lovely as hers did, but it's all right.  You can see Mackie's here and I suggest you wait 'til I'm done with you because you won't want to come back!  Then I used the old Stamp of the Month, Kaboom and embossed some fireworks in silver pearl, white, and holographic powders.  That banner/sentiment is from the stamp set also.  I embossed that in white and cut it out.  And notice those pretty sequins!  Those are Freedom Sequins from CDD, a cool mix of silver, blue and red... love the silver stars!  They are so dimensional!


I used CDD's Fancy Stitced Label Dies to frame my cup and embossed one more firework on it.  Then I cut this cup from the CTMH Artistry Cricut Cartridge.  The cut has whipped topping, but I detached the image and didn't print the topping because I had a plan.  I popped up the cup..  no whipped topping left a hole in the cup which worked out great.  I placed a piece of gold vellum behind the hole, but didn't attach it to the cup so the color was there, but I could still place my firework steam inside the cup.  Then I embossed the sparkler/firework/dandelion stamp from Paper Sweeties June Release, I Love Summer (Super Sponsor-Sale going on!) and used the die to cut it out.  It was the perfect size AND it had the die to cut out the fireworks so it was perfect.  I used two dimensional glue dots to keep them popped up.  I don't know how relaxing a cup of coffee with firework steam is... but it's certain to get you moving.  OH!  Almost forgot... before I attached the cup, I stamped and embossed one of the images from the CTMH Ornate Blossoms stamp set on it.

My friend, Karen Kondrick is the CTMH Super Sponsor for this hop and you can check out her coffee creation here!  She's giving out a prize for the hop... be sure to let her know you stopped by!


Diana Larson from D.L. Art, Super Sponsor,  had a sale on ribbon last week (and there is a new sale going on now).  This blue is from her new rainbow collection.  It had some colors in it that I didn't already have and this blue ended up being perfect for this card!  I also got a few really pretty variegated ribbons which I'm sure you'll be seeing.  Check her out!  In fact, I'm playing along with her Thankful Thursday Challenge #182 Red White and Blue!

So!  Get to work and head on over to Atlantic Hearts... check out some of the artwork... play along!  Make a coffee card... play along with the Coffee Lovers Challenge at the same time... lots of possible coffee cards to be made with this sketch!  Win some prizes.. win some bragging rights... have some fun... meet some new people! 

Oh hey!  Don't forget to come back tomorrow!



42 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

comopark1886 said...

I love how you turned a cup of coffee into a 4th of July Celebration! Terrific Card!

Tracey said...

Helloooo.....I have some catching up to do!! Amazing detail Lisa, love the water coloured background...really great card. Happy Monday to you!

Gail said...

Fab Red white and blue love it!

Lisa said...

Hey me... me! Almost caught up this morning although that could change once I refresh... back to work today... yuck! Well... onward....

Julia Aston said...

Lots of great fireworks going on here!

Lori said...

That's so cute with the fireworks in the coffee cup! Love your card!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Hey Lisa, I think you're following me again. Me too, I thought I was caught up but just refreshed and you're card along with about 20 more popped up...was going to make another card but not stopping yet on comments...going forward. Wow, your card has so much detail and great color combination...can't say enough about how awesome, beautiful, stunning, creative, lovely, perfect, gorgeous your card is...and that's no lie. Oh forgot, also Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Ceal said...

Great card, love the details

Michele K. Henderson said...

Love this card, Lisa! It really feels like summer!

laurie said...

Wow this is awesome! I love all the fun details!

laurie said...

Wow this is awesome! I love all the fun details!

Kim Heggins said...

This is one fabulous card.

Regina Easter said...

what a gorgeous card

Unknown said...

Love the patriotic coffee card! And, congrats you won a prize over at Two Paper Divas!

Beverley said...

So many pretty details, beautifully creative and a patriotic treasure. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Becca Yahrling said...

So very pretty! Love the texture.

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Lisa!! I love the layers and the texture!! The details are amazing!! What a fabulous card this is!! Thanks so much for playing along at DL.ART!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Migdalia said...

WOW!! This is Awesome!! Beautiful!

Ann said...

So festive, love it.

Sheri Gilson said...

Very fun card...love the fun patriotic theme!

SewPaperPaint said...

This is my kind of celebration wow you rocked it!

New Creations said...

So festive and cheerful!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so COOL!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So fun

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Absolutely stunning!

Hetty said...

Awesome celebration card! Have a java good day!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous red white and blue card, Lisa! Happy tuesday1

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is gorgeous, Lisa! Love the patriotic colours and all the fun details you added! Such a happy and celebratory card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful Fourth of July card. Love the fireworks too!

~amy~ said...

Oh boy, I'm lovin' this one!!!!

Karen B. said...

Awesome patriotic coffee card!

Tonya said...

Wonderful card!!!

Doudou said...

Oh great card!! Love so much your sketch

Krafty Kaylin said...

fun card

StampingbugKerry said...

Such a gorgeous creation! Love the watercolor background and all the layers. :)

Melanie R said...

This card is just the best. I love everything right down to that crinkled ribbon!

Helen F. said...

Love the fireworks!

Suchi said...

Wow! So cool!! :)
Suchi xx

Helen Gullett said...

That is one fun and festive card, Lisa!

DIANA L. said...

Lisa this is so festive and right to the point Patriotic. I love seeing what you do with the Close to my heart products. It is always a delight. Thank you for your inspiration!!. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com


Atchaya(Akshma) said...

Fab and fun card