Saturday, June 18, 2016

Shaped USA Card for The Cutting Cafe


This time around for The Cutting Cafe we're showing you some of the awesome patriotic cuts and images available in the Shop!  Here is what I made for you:


For this card I used the USA Word Shaped Card Template to cut out this cute card base.  I changed it up a bit and made a third layer by cutting out an extra base piece in white, adhering the red to the white and then cutting around it with my scissors.  I probably could have just resized one of the layers, but I had already cut my pieces and didn't want to re-cut or waste what I had.  Then I stamped some stars with Versamark and heat embossed the top red layer with white embossing powder.


I used a label die to extend the card out a bit so I could have a little bit more room for decorating without covering up the USA.  I stamped Ruby J from the Everyday Elisha Jean and Friends clear stamp set from the Cutting Cafe Shop, colored her with my Copics and cut her out.  I used the Ready for the 4th of July Elisha Jean & Friends printable stamps for the Hat, Flag sticking out of her pocket and the sentiment.

I added a few more things from my stash and she is ready to Celebrate!  Please be sure to check out the Cutting Cafe Blog on the 21st where you'll find links to all of the Design Team's awesome makes!  You can stop before and check out a lot of great projects from prior team projects, but make sure to come back on 21st if you love all things Red White and Blue!

I'm also playing along with Sweet Stampin' Challenge "Show Us Your Shapes"!  Create anything that isn't a square or rectangle.  Check it out!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and please do come back again.  The Coffee Lovers Hop is going on all week and I'll be sharing some Cutting Cafe awesomeness again this week!


10 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous shaped card! Canada Day is not a card-giving occasion here in Canada and we don't generally make patriotic cards but I always enjoy seeing them! Love the little girl and all the sparkly goodness you added!

Sue said...

Fabulous shaped card! thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin hugs Sue J x

Regina Easter said...

what a lovely card my friend....your work is simply amazing...i love EVERY STINKING THING YOU DO...hugs

Diane said...

WOW...this is so fabulous, I am afraid to even finish mine..lol...it is so adorable and so creative...LOVE it!!

Diane said...

WOW...this is so fabulous, I am afraid to even finish mine..lol...it is so adorable and so creative...LOVE it!!

Curko said...

This is my favorite!!! SO SO SO CUTE!!!

sandmar15 said...

Love it so much detail. Great job

Melanie R said...

USA was the first image I ever downloaded from Cutting Café. I love the look and the way you decorated it.

Sammy said...

That's a great card! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

DIANA L. said...

WOW WOW WOW This is amzing the coloring is fabulous. I love it.
Thank you for your inspiration!!. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com