Monday, June 27, 2016

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #166


Welcome to this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!!

So... does everyone else have to scramble every time they have to make a man card?  I just really need to be better about making some ahead of time... this one is for my husband.  His birthday is today!  Luckily he's out of town and is coming home today so this will be waiting for him when he gets home.

I'm also playing along with the Between The Folds Birthday Challenge #24A!

I used the wood grain from the Happy Times paper packet for the bottom and embossed some gears and cogs on the ... I have to be honest... it was a long week at Convention in Florida... I had one hour of sleep on Saturday night and had to catch the bus to the airport at 3:15 am which meant getting up at 2:45.... anywho... I have no idea what color that green is... might be Lagoon... but I'm just not sure because it looks a little different from the smaller piece behind the sentiment which is Lagoon.  Might be twilight (retired)... I'm really not sure.  But I felt it went along just fine especially after I rubbed some whisper all over it!


I'm kinda proud of myself because my goal in the coming week is going to be to use up some of these extra cuts that are laying around from past projects... all of the frame cuts here are from those extra cuts.

And that sentiment is from an old old CTMH stamp set, Birthday Funnies... I decided I'd go funny instead of mushy since he seems to get a kick out of calling me old since I'm a little over a year older than him.

I cut the word "Totally" using last month's CDD Release, Greeting Word Dies and I found the little gears and cogs in my stash.  I used the chicken wire background stamp from one of my old favorite CTMH stamps, Distressed Backgrounds.  It's one of those that I go back to quite often.  A few CTMH self adhesive sequins and I was done.


 Cool note.... quite some time ago, my friend Mitra... you know her... I've talked about her often and you can find her blog here.... told me that she likes to buy the metal tape that's used for say heating duct and you can do so many things with it.  Like here, I embossed a strip of it and then cut it down and used it kind of like man ribbon... I LOVE it!  Thanks Mitra!

So thanks for stopping again... it's going to be getting crazy around here again next week so please do come back from some exciting news and lots of (hopefully) cool projects!  And head on over to the Atlantic Hearts Blog and check out this week's sketch, and also challenge participants and design team work as well!  (This week's Design Team projects will post with links on Wednesday... but you can see past weeks' sketch challenge artwork anytime!

Also, Michelle has put out a call for Design Team members!  If Michelle's sketches inspire You, you can use them to inspire others!  Although I play along every week, the commitment is really only for every other week ... you can fit that in!  It's a fun opportunity to get motivated and meet some great new people!  You CAN do it!!  And you ARE creative!!  Stop fooling yourself... check it out on the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge blog!

See you again soon!



11 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oooh, exciting news?? Can't wait to find out what it is! That was a wild weekend - one hour's sleep! Hope you were able to get some rest yesterday, my friend! This is an awesome manly card for your hubby. I like the cool gears! I need help with masculine cards - Brian still receives a lot of pink kitty cards. I can't seem to man up my cat cards very well, but I'll still try. I really like your/Mitra's tip about the metal tape - I've got some of this in my stash!

Lori said...

Very cool card for your husband! Love the embossing on the tape. Looking forward to your news...

SewPaperPaint said...

I so love every pattern and texture on this fabulous card!

Donna said...

Wow! What a great card. Love all the textures. Thank you for inspiring us at Between The Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge Blog.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HA! I loveeeeeeeee that sentiment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Beautiful masculine card. Exciting news? Did you not share something here with your Mom?

Anonymous said...

LOVE the card!!!! Thank you for playing along at Between the Folds Bi-Weekly Challenge Blog! DT Jen

Mitralee said...

Man ribbon....oh how I like that term! It's awesome! This is an awesome card! Do totally hope you got some sleep! Oh my one HOUR!!!!!

Tracey said...

I'm hanging out to hear about the exciting news????Awesome MAN Card..it great you were able to use up those extra cuts we have hanging around. TFS the tip on embossing the metal strip. Its amazing how much stuff at a hard wear store you can craft with. I have a roll of plasters tape...to add texture in the background of layouts and cards, hmmm that reminds me I should use it!!!

Michelle said...

Oh I just love your card!! and I agree I do not have as many "men" cards in my stash. I may need to scrap lift this :) the gears are just awesome!!

Brandi said...

Great card Lisa! I love the term "man ribbon" I laughed when I read that. I love all the little details you put into your work,they are always so great! Brandi R
DT member BTF
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca