Monday, June 13, 2016

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #164


Welcome to this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

So I have a couple bloggy friends that are so good about actually scrapbooking their photos.  I've been inspired by both of them this week to create a scrapbook page instead of a card.  When you are done here you should check out their blogs... be sure to visit Julie here and Lizzy here!  Maybe you'll take a page from their scrapbook and get inspired to go back to your photos too!

You might be thinking this looks a little familiar.. well, over at Lessology this month the challenge is all about Neon colors and I had some colored Ornate Blossoms from CTMH leftover when I finished my project so I used them here and I have to tell you... neon... it's growing on me!  (Note: the decoration above and below this picture is a piece I cut using CDD's Fancy Stitched Labels dies... When I made the journal page, I knew the center of my piece that took me so long to color would be covered up, I cut this out of it to use later.)  If you didn't see the journal page and you'd like to... it's here.  And instead of a scallop I used my Paper Sweeties Sweet Border Sweet Cuts to cut out those pretty heart banners from more leftover packaging from my electronics purchase.


This handsome fellow is Riley.  He's a lover.. not a fighter.. give Peace a chance and all that... must be why I thought the psychedelic feel would be appropriate...lol.  I was lucky to catch this lipsmacker.... I was trying to get a Christmas picture with his I've Been Naughty bandanna on.  Of course, he hadn't been naughty... but it was cute.  See that black frame around his picture?  That was the leftover piece after I cut my black background out of the packaging from my Neon Sharpies... I painted it black and used it here.  I love that so little of that packaging ended up in the garbage/recycling bin.


I used this cute heart splatter stamp from Your Next Stamp ... I just love it... and I am still holding mom's Neon Pink embossing powder hostage so I used that again.  Then I added some silver sequins from CTMH, the heart centers from my Paper Sweeties heart border and I cut some more circles with my hole punch out of the plastic packaging... I have to say... I'm loving those circles... I think I might be using these a lot.



I used my Paper Sweeties Happy Sweet Cuts for the Happy, and to be honest... it was for another project that it ended up not being right for so it was sitting there staring at me... that's what made me decide to use silver on this project.



 So... the ribbon... my friend Mitra made some beautiful tie dyed ribbon with her Neon project for Lessology (which you should check out here) and when I was angry because I didn't have any ribbon that was bright enough to use.. I thought of her.. and then I thought of my Neon sharpies... and then I thought of a Pinterest pin where you use sharpies on canvas sneakers and then blot it with rubbing alcohol for a tie dyed look... so... I hauled out my plain old white seam binding... covered it with Neon Sharpies ink and then blotted it with rubbing alcohol.  Done.

Please do stop over at Atlantic Hearts and check out all of the amazing artwork!  And...come back tomorrow for Paper Sweeties June Release Sneak Peeks!


3 comments:

Melanie R said...

Lots of thought went into this... hope Riley appreciates it. Thanks for sharing your thought process and techniques - I appreciate it!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Lisa! This is ADORABLE! OMGoodness, Riley is a sweetheart! What a great photo! I really need to learn how to make a LO - would love to do some pages of my cats.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwww I love love love this! LOVING that photo, the splatters, the hearts and the colors!!! YOU ROCKED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!