Sunday, April 3, 2016

CDD Linky Party Black and White with a Splash of Color-Week 2!

 
Welcome to this week's Crafting Desert Divas Linky Party! The theme for this Linky Party at Craftin Desert Divas is “Black and White with a Splash of Color”!  Please play along and create something that fits this week's theme and link up at the Craftin' Desert Diva’s Blog.

Every other Monday is the beginning of a new semi-weekly Linky Party over at the CDD blog. We hope you will share your projects with us! And there are prizes! Every Linky Party will have a winner and a Top 3!  The more times you link up…the more chances you have to win!
 
Here is my project for this week's party (links to the CDD products I've used are at the bottom of the post):
 
 
I just love the look of blacks and greys as a backdrop for some shot of beautiful bright color!  I knew I wanted to use this Rainy Day Girl digital stamp with some kind of dark rainy day background and my first thought was my watercolors but I just couldn't get a good background that didn't look plain old muddy!

 
And one night in my thinking place (aka my bed in the middle of the night) it came to me!  I could use some great patterned paper and my awesome CDD dies to create the effect of a "gloomy" background.

 
I printed the digital stamp out on white paper and then again on two different design papers.  I cut out the white image and colored in every other panel of the umbrella and the little girl's leggings.  Then I cut out the pieces I wanted to use from the design paper.  And really, I printed two on white in the beginning thinking I was going to do something else so now I have enough leftovers to create another one, alike yet different!  I used my cricut to cut out some raindrops and a puddle.

 
I found this old sentiment in my stash and added a few flowers and some very awesome Doodlebug Sprinkles, a little baker's twine and done!  I love the way it turned out!

 
Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to check out all of the other Design Team creations and take some time to play along!  You could win some really great stuff!
 
 
The CDD Products I used are:
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

12 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! I love love love love this! LOVING that sentiment, the umbrella, the rain drops .. LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Lisa, the piecing and layering of the image is fantastic. Great pop of color...love, love it. Love everything about it, I want that image.

Sami said...

So cute! I love the way the yellow contrasts with the bright colors!

Melanie R said...

Oh, Lisa. Your card is fabulous, just fabulous! I just love the layering and that bright umbrella.

Nancy said...

WOW and then WOW some more! Stupendous card! So glad you joined us at Just Us Girls this week!

Lisa Kind said...

This is so pretty! Love all the layers and how you interpreted the challenges! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Erika said...

Oh My! This card is so pretty. Very Well done!

Lisa Minckler said...

EEEEK!!!! I've been stalking your blog but saw this and broke my jaw on the table....this is AWESOME!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

Lisa Minckler said...

Holy crud, still had to look at it again...this is amazing!!! :D

Kim M said...

Fantastic card! Love that bright yellow umbrella! Thanks for joining us over at Inkspirational! :-)

Jane Willis said...

I saw this on the Inkspirational Top Picks post - congratulations - and had to come over for a closer look. It is absolutely stunning, a real work of art that deserves to be framed and kept forever
Jane

Anonymous said...

This is fab! I love it x