Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Petals for the Pittmans Fundraiser and Linky Party - Card 3


I've created another card today for the Petals for the Pittmans Linky Party!  If you'd like, you can check out my introductory post here and my second card here!  

Today's card is created with another one of the images available in a special and beautiful floral digital stamp set available in the shop over at Polka Dot Orchard.  There are actually two huge sets that are a collaboration of images by several different artists and companies and are part of a fundraiser for one of our fellow makers, Larissa Collins Pittman and her family, who are going through a very difficult time and have mounting medical bills.

You can read more about Larissa and her husband Gary here: Pittmans Go Fund Me.

Today I'm using an image donated by Crystal O. Minkler and a sentiment from Angie Blom.  Here's how I was inspired:


I love this sweet image by Crystal Minkler!!  And it was so much fun to give it a rainbow twist!  I decided to just have a simple white background, but gave it some interest using this die here!  


The hardest part is picking my colors that I think will go together and blend a bit without getting muddy... and do you think I'd keep track of what colors those were???  Well, of course not!..lol!  So next time I'll experiment again and it won't turn out the same, but maybe I'll find a happy surprise!  This combo made me happy...


And again, simple sentiment... this one from Angie Blom was perfect!  And this die here was just right to frame it!


You can play along with the linky party too!  Just create a new floral card and link it up at the Polka Dot Orchard Blog here and spread the word!  There are lots of prizes!  And if you would like to help, head on over to the Polka Dot Orchard shop to get one or both of these beautiful digital stamp sets!  Or just play along and spread the word! All proceeds from the sale of these images will go directly to the Pittmans to help with their medical bills.  Take a look at these awesome sets:




So we hope you'll join us and play along!  And come back soon!



2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING that background and the flower!!!!

Scrapper69 said...

I love the way you colored that flower... so pretty!

Theresa