Saturday, September 27, 2014

Love In The Moonlight

 
If you will remember, last week I posted a Halloween shadow box page that I created.  This is the idea I had in my head when I started that project....lol!  I don't know what happened but I guess the tree was smaller than I had pictured and it wasn't working on the scale that I stamped the moon and tree so it turned into something else.  After a lot of playing this week I finally got my idea out of my head.
 
The black background is embossed using the CTMH Arrows Embossing Folder.  I created the moon by masking off a circle on the colonial white and then sponging on colors from light blue to purple to gray to a touch of black.  I tried to make it darker the further away from the circle I got.
 
The owls from "Owls" were stamped on black, cut out and mounted backwards so that the stamped image can't be seen at all... they have their backs to us afterall.
 
The ribbons were cut from the Cricut using the CTMH Artiste cartridge and colonial white cardstock with washi tape over it.  I also covered a white button with the chevron washi tape.  I liquid glassed the tree from Family is Forever, added a bunch of enamel hearts, stamped images from #30YearsofHappy, and Holiday Tags to hold the sentiment.
 
Now I can continue on with my papercrafting life.

1 comment:

comopark1886 said...

Uh oh... I don't think I have that embossing folder! I love it!