Saturday, October 29, 2016

The Hop to Stop and Craftin Desert Divas Digis


Two more days to play along with the Hop To Stop.  We're trying to blow up the web with the color purple to raise awareness of Domestic Violence.  Please take a look over at Becca's Damsel of Distressed Blog to learn more about this epidemic.  And join us!  Play along and be sure to stop at some or all of the wonderful projects by participants because you will read some really chilling but also hopeful stories from people who have been affected by Domestic Violence.


Today I'm sharing a shaker card I made using one of the adorable digis available over at Craftin Desert Divas.  I just love this Rainy Day Girl Digi.. it's one I've used a bit.  Today I decided to use Word to decorate her umbrella with some pretty flowers using the Flower Power Digis and I printed a second girl on the plaid paper (all about the plaid lately) and paper pieced her raincoat and boots (I'd buy those boots!).


I cut some raindrops out of my top layer with my Cricut and then used the Sky Is The Limit dies to cut some cloud shapes at the top.  


I printed the quote I found on the Internet onto white paper and made a simple banner with it so that it wouldn't take up too much space and cover up my clouds.  And I used my favorite CDD Shimmer sequins inside and outside of the shaker.. I LOVE these because they are clearish with some pretty iridescent qualities and they are awesome on any project!


So thanks for stopping today!  It's been a rough week at work, but my craftroom is back in business this weekend so I'm hoping to see you again with some more purple and I'll be hopping around to check out everyone else's creations and leave some love as well!

Here are links to the CDD products I've used: 

Rainy Day Girl Digi http://craftindesertdivas.com/rainy-day-girl-digital-stamp/
Flower Power Digis http://craftindesertdivas.com/flower-power-digital-stamp/
The Sky Is The Limit Dies http://craftindesertdivas.com/the-sky-is-the-limit-dies/
Shimmer Sequins http://craftindesertdivas.com/shimmer-sequins/



6 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Hi Lisa! I've had a Crazy busy week and just finally got some free time to check out my Favorite blogs! YAY ME! :) This is a Fantastic Card! I LOVE the design and fabulous colors... Have a Wonderful Day!!!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

love all the wonderful elements of your card!! :) thanks for supporting the hop to stop!

Greta said...

Oh what a fabulous card--love the umbrella & that wonderful quote!

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh, I just love this shaker, so adorable!
And different than usual. Love the rain drops & clouds as the shaker windows.

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is adorable and even more so that it's a shaker. I've never made one like this and it's so clever with the clouds and raindropw. No wonder I want to CASE all of your cards!

Becca Cruger said...

Love the sentiment! Love the paper piecing! And I love love love the sparkly clouds. SO cute! Thank you so much for joining in the Hop to Stop and helping to raise awareness for victims of domestic violence.