Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Owl Be Seeing You!


Popping in with a quick post .... a quick card I realized I had to make for a co-worker who loves owls... I decided to use this owl stamp I got a long time ago... it's a Darcie's stamp and I knew she'd love it because she loves owls like I do... and she's not really about the cute owls... so I dug this one out and can't figure out why I haven't used it in so long!  In fact, I think I'll take this one with me on vacation and use it again...


I needed to keep it very simple because most of my stuff is packed to go right now so I took some kraft paper and mounted it onto some pretty gold foil cardstock from a Christmas paper pad I got at Michael's on clearance last year.  I stamped the owl in Versamark and heat embossed it in gold.


While I had the embossing powder and heat gun out I thought I'd add the flourish from the set at the top knowing I'd cover some of it up, but I thought it would add a nice touch.  In case she wanted to keep this on her desk I didn't want it to say Happy Birthday on the outside of the card, so I chose this sentiment from an old CTMH set that I love and used it along with a strip from the gold card base...I added a few sequins from the Latte Coffee sequins from Paper Sweeties... LOVE this mix!


And that was that!  I had such a hard time photographing this one and still don't feel the photos do it justice... it really is so pretty in person... and she loved it!  I made it and gave it to her yesterday...

So... I'm on my way tomorrow... I have a few scheduled posts while I'm away and hoping to have lots of things to show you when I get back!

See you soon!  Don't be a stranger!  I've been super busy at work and home this past week getting ready, but I'll be visiting you over the next week while I'm away... Happy Crafting!

Oh!  And don't forget about my 100 follower celebration in July!  You can find out more by clicking here!



4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! LOVING that owl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scrapper69 said...

Your card is lovely Lisa... LOVE the gold! And HAVE FUN!!!! Enjoy your trip, stay Safe! Big Hugs! :)

Theresa

Tracey said...

Beautiful card...very elegant! Enjoy your vacation!

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.