Confetti flying, music playing, fireworks display.. oh... that's the 4th of July celebration at the neighbor's house... but that's how I feel on the inside! Was so excited to hit 100 this week! I know... to some it's not much maybe, but I feel especially warm inside because I know that the people that are following me are doing so because they liked what they saw or read when they came here and that make me smile! So for that I thank you all! And not just to those who follow me, but anyone who stops by and leaves me some love... maybe you mean to follow and forget (I do that all the time!) or maybe you just don't wanna... and that's ok... I mean... when I die I don't think I'll be judged by my number of blog followers... :) ... and hopefully not by the number of crafty items I own that are still in closed packages... hmmm...
Either way, I am excited and any reason to give some stuff away! More on this in a bit! First I have this for you:
I took out my growing collection of Paper Smooches stamps and dies to play along with the challenge over there this month which is Anything Goes! While I love the freedom of Anything Goes it's almost more of a challenge for me because I just keep sifting through all of my stuff with all of my ideas and have a hard time deciding where to start! So I just took out a few of the items I hadn't used yet that I've been wanting to and went to town... the first being that awesome Retro Arrow background die... this baby is in the clearance section!! I don't know why because it's pretty awesome...here I just used it white on white to keep my background quiet and neutral (well that almost never happens..lol!)
I used the Pineapple2 die for that awesome pineapple and die cut it from some pre-watercolored paper.. sometimes when I don't have time to do anything else, I'll just take out my water color paper and watercolors and smoosh some color around... let it dry while I do other stuff and then maybe swish some more or not depending... not for any particular purpose except to play with the colors and see what I can come up with and then I keep it to use later.
And that sweet bunny and sentiment that I stamped on a Reverse Confetti circle are from the Pineapple Crush stamp set ... so sweet right??? I watercolored him using my Albrecht Durer watercolor pencils and a water brush... and then I just threw a few CDD sequins around in some tropical colors. Done!
So, on to the giveaway! For this giveaway, I am requiring that you be a follower of my blog. Normally I don't ask, but I think it's fair since this a celebration of people that decided that they liked it here enough they'd like to be reminded to come back again! You can follow by Blogger or sign up to get email notifications and just let me know which you chose or if you're already a follower let me know that too. I will choose a winner from all of the comments from all of my posts during the month of July! No... I don't know what I'm giving away yet... but this is open to international followers too and depending on where you are, what I know about you, and shipping will have a bearing on your gift. I may even pick more than one!
I would love to hear from you how long you've been following or what post made you say... hey! I'd love to come back here again... or how did you find me? You know ... stuff like that... and please be sure I can get a hold of you if you are the winner!
So, if you've been here before you may or may not know a few things about me:
1. If you visit me I do my very best to visit you back. Sometimes I can't find people, or sometimes I'm just so very busy (I hate that reason, but it's true) and I intend to come and see you but never make it there. It is my intention though to stop to say hi to each and every one of you that let me know you were here!
2. I don't make "tutorials" in the traditional way. Usually no step by step. I'm creating on limited time and rarely remember to take pics along the way. But I try to give info you need to find tutorials when I've used them and I'm always very happy to answer any questions you may have.
3. I try to give links to the products I use when I can. I don't consider myself a sales person.. I make and use things that I absolutely love and that spoke to me in some way. I support the companies I purchase from whenever I can because I love them, including those that I am on Design Teams for. Sometimes I forget to link or don't have time and please just let me know if you want info about anything!
4. I am a CTMH Consultant. If you ever wanted to shop at my site I'd be happy to have you, but I would encourage you to find a consultant that is near you if you want face to face one on one time to learn about your products, attend workshops, etc and buy from them. Again, I'm always here for virtual help, but it's pretty awesome when you find someone who is close to you that can invite you over and really show you how to use your stuff.
5. I LOVE this art community. I believe that everyone that creates something is an artist. I have an Andy Warhol saying posted on my blog that kind of sums it up. I believe that everything we do is inspired by something we saw. I love when people are inspired by something they see here and never mind when someone uses something of mine to create something of their own. When I'm inspired by someone, I try to give credit and link to them when I can in some way. That being said, I rarely make the exact replica of what someone else makes just because I don't find that fun...but that's me!
Anyway, just a few fun facts about me that you may or may not have already known and that you may or may not care to know ... lol! Thanks for bearing with me! Now let me know you were here! And tell me a little something about yourself because I want to know. And to those of you who I visit regularly and may be feeling neglected, I'll be around soon! I was so busy last week coffee-ing I didn't do much visiting... can't wait to see what you've been up to!
Come back soon! And Thanks again!