Monday, January 22, 2018

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #248



Welcome to this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!  Today I'm playing along with a few other challenges as well!  My Coffee Lovin' Cohort Laurel Seabrook hosts a challenge that I found last week called Inspired By and the Inspiration Photo is below.  I was inspired by the black and white and gold and the patterns and my mind went to this paper from the jack paper pack.  I was also inspired by the beautiful Vintage Roses stamps from Altenew that she used in her project.  I got that set so long ago and have been afraid to use it because of the layering.  So this weekend I pulled it out and was surprised at how easily these came together and I didn't even end up crying like I have with some layered sets...lol!


So I checked out the Altenew challenge blog and chose my colors from the Sketch Challenge which allows you to be inspired by the Sketch, the colors, the composition, or the elements or all of the above!  I chose the colors since I already had the Atlantic Hearts sketch to use... and they were perfect!  AND I checked out the Tic Tac Toe Challenge over at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday and found a row I could definitely work with.  The board is below and I chose the diagonal Flower, Embossing, and Butterfly which was also just right for this card!  That pretty butterfly diecut is from Memory Box and the gold foil paper was just the ticket.


And I've also had this awesome sentiment set from Altenew in these fun fonts, Painted Inspiration forever!  I bought it at a stamp show back in NY at the Right At Home booth... embossed in gold... 

So thanks for stopping by!  Hope you will play along over at Atlantic Hearts this week!  And you may want to pair it up with some of these other challenges as well!

Here's this week's sketch!


And this is the color pallet that inspired me:


With a little bit of pretty black and white geometric pattern and a touch of gold:


And the lower left to upper right diagonal combo from here:



6 comments:

Laurel said...

Gorgeous card Lisa!

scrappin' GA peach said...

Beautiful!!! <3 Love your gold butterfly too!

Scrapper69 said...

Your card is so PRETTY Lisa! I gotta tell ya.. that sentiment is AWESOME! I Just love it!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeee this! LOVING that sentiment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so beautiful and awesome. I also have that set of sentiments and love them. That one is fantastic on this card layout.

Marsha Reed said...

Lovely card, Lisa! I love that sentiment.