Sunday, June 3, 2018

Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge #15 - Die Cutting


It's time for a new challenge over at Three Amigos!  Our challenge this month is to use shapes you die cut.  Anything you cut using a Cricut, Silhouette, Big Shot, Cuttlebug or any other machine.  I took the challenge almost to the max.. I used one stamp and everything else was die cut with my Big Shot!  Here's how I was inspired:


I knew I wanted to make something kind of shabby chic and this Prima Rose Quartz paper pad was perfect for that.  All of these design papers came from that 6x6 pad.  I cut my first layer of the wood grain using a gorgeous Waffle Flower die from the Lacey Layers Die Set.. one of my most used dies... it's so beautiful!  And that pretty doily... I love it because it's simple and is a nice backdrop... it doesn't take over... it complements.  It's from the Gina Marie Doily Die set.


As I started this blog post I went back to look at my May one and it reminded me I used this cup then too!...lol.. I guess I love this cup!  It's from The Stamp Simply Coffee and Tea Die Set.  I love that these cup dies have a separate handle so it's easy to make that beautiful curvy handle a different color... or even gold!


I LOVE that when I cut the background woodgrain and flipped over the scraps this little piece was perfectly in tact and this die from CDD cut it perfectly!  That one is from the CDD Mini Shaker Clip Die set.


This cute sentiment came from Cas-ual Fridays Coffee Talk stamps.  I cut quite a few banners using my CDD Flag Banner Dies... another set I'm surprised I haven't worn out yet...lol!


And this beautiful Coffee word was cut using one of the word dies included in the Stamp Simply Coffee and Tea set.  I finished it off with a few sparkly gold gems and some Prima Flowers.

And that's it for me!  Be sure to visit my Amigos and see what they've created.   Check out Donna's post here and Susan is on vacation this week so she'll be around for some mid month inspiration.  In the meantime Suzanne from Double Trouble Challenges (her post  is filling and her blog post is here.  and check out the Three Amigos Blog to see who won last month and link up to this month's challenge!  I can't wait to see what you create!

9 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Super gorgeous . I love die cutting too!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Lori Kobular said...

Wow!! This card is to "die" for!! I love seeing layers and layers of dies on a card and I just made a brand new Wish List after reading about how you made this beauty!! I love everything about your card!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!

jeanchaneyaz said...

This has a lovely Victorian look to it, Lisa. Loving all those layers and dimension!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous and beautiful. What a great cup and I love all the layers and additions on this card.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh WOW, Lisa, this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the papers you used - and just look at all of those beautiful dies! Love this card! Hope to join your challenge again this month!

Scrapper69 said...

Ooh, how pretty Lisa!! I love the floral pattern on the cup!!!!

comopark1886 said...

So much going on! And you always seem to make it all work together. Beautiful as usual!

Tracey said...

Oh so Shabby and super pretty! Love Love your gorgeous card! Helloooooo Lisa, its been too long since I've visited! I've been sitting here playing catchup, wow you are so creative, all your cards are amazing. Hope you are enjoying your summer xx hugs