Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Be A Warrior!


As soon as I saw the adorable designs by Tracey Hey on Instagram I knew I had to have them... especially this adorable Brave Lion and another that you'll be seeing soon.  And if you fall in love too, you can find them at the Alpacapals website here!  I can honestly say there is not one set that I wouldn't love to have!

I'm so not over the rainbows and I thought it would be fun to give him a beautiful rainbow mane so I used my watercolor pencils and colored him in.

  I wanted a rainbow background also, but didn't want it to compete with the little guy too much so I printed one of the fun digital backgrounds I recently one over at the Outlawz Challenges from We Are 3 digital shop on Etsy!  You should check it out... lots of cool stuff!  I decided to give foiling on Kraft a try... and I love the way it came out... the foil didn't seem to transfer solidly and not sure if it was my heat settings or just the kraft paper, but it worked out perfectly because it looks a little distressed.  I cut my foiled paper out using the Crazy Stitched Rectangle dies from CDD.


Isn't he just the most adorable??  I added a few leaves cut with some MFT dies because of course he'll be in the jungle!


Love the sentiments on this set and I used my favorite banner dies from CDD... I also decided an arrow would be appropriate for a warrior, but since this guy is obviously a lover and a fighter, I made it a heart arrow from CDD.  I took a stab at covering the die cut with adhesive from a decofoil pen and ran that through with some foil... it took came out a little distressed looking.... maybe I didn't cover it completely... but again!  Happy accident!


So that's it for me today!  A quick one!  And I highly suggest you check out the stamp offerings by Tracey Hey!  I'm positive you'll fall in love with at least one set... but probably more...lol!

I'm playing along with the Outlawz Twisted Thursday today!  No twist for me... got a little to carried away with the color...lol... as the twist is Primary Colors, Red, Blue and Yellow... but you could go for it!


4 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Ooh, how CUTE and I really like the rainbow as the mane... Adorable!

Theresa

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooo cute! LOVING the rainbow goodness!!!!!!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So cute and colorful. I love his rainbow mane.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

The colors are magnificent! Love it, love it, love it!