Friday, June 28, 2019

Celebrating the Inky Paws 100th Challenge!


Popping in quick today to play along with the 100th Inky Paws Challenge!  I've had this sweet Little Lilies stamp set for a little while now and I loved this chance to ink it up!  Lily of the Valley is one of my top 10 favorite flowers.  They are SO pretty and SO sweet and SO fragrant!  Coming from the Western New York area it wasn't uncommon to come across a stand of Lily of the Valley and before we moved to the Southwest I was working on my own patch near my house.  It was just starting to spread when we decided to move out here to the Southwest and they don't grow well here so I do miss them!!


Speaking of favorites, the challenge for #100 is to play along with your Favorite previous challenge.  Well... I have a really hard time picking favorites but I landed on this sketch challenge which was Challenge #73

I love this sketch because of the clear focal point which was perfect for this sweet flower... and the chance that the banners and middle strip give you to add some contrasting or coordinating colors and patterns... yet you have all of that blank space on the top and bottom for lots of your favorite color or pattern... or blank space if you prefer... but let's face it.. I'm not a big blank space person!  I've got all of this paper!  I might as well use it!


Some other products I've used today are these Nested Rectangles from Rubbernecker; this beautiful Heart Circle Die from Gina K Designs; and these Stitched Fishtail Banners from Elizabeth Crafts.

I'm also playing along over at Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge which is Anything Goes this week!  And you can find the 100th Inky Paws Challenge here, but hurry because you only have a few hours left to play along!

Thanks SO much for stopping by!  Come again soon!


5 comments:

sue t. said...

Terrific job coloring those little lilies! Thanks for playing along at Inky Paw's 100th challenge!!

Scrapper69 said...

Ooh, how pretty! I love what you did with that colored flower! Beautiful work my friend! Have a great weekend!

Theresa

Indy's Designs said...

Such a pretty card and great use of the sketch! Thanks for celebrating IPC's 100th challenge! We love seeing your cards! Hugs, Debbie

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous card and I love the layout. Those lilies are so pretty and I remember I used to have a bed of them by our house too. I think most of them have died out now though as an infestation of weeds took hold and had to be eradicated and in the process many of the lilies died too.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING those flowers!