Friday, September 18, 2020

Dodon't Be A Stranger - Miss Ink Stamps!


Welcome back!  I've been continuing my play with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Glazes this week and decided to get my bright on!  I decided this one would be a little lighter and brighter and without a plan I just started playing.


I started by blending on some Distress Oxide Inks in a rainbow pattern on a panel of Mixed Media Paper... starting with Lucky Clover, Squeezed Lemonade, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry and Tumbled Glass (I didn't need any purple since the pink and blue made me a nice shade of it!)  When I was done blending, I stamped the images from Smokin' Caterpillars onto the panel using Ranger Archival Ink. 


I sprayed my Paint Stroke Floral Stencil with iCraft Pixie Spray and after waiting a minute for it to dry to tacky, I laid it over my panel and applied some translucent Embossing Paste through it.  While it was wet, I sprinkled on some Broken China Distress Embossing Glaze over the top left corner and a little over halfway down, tapped off the excess and heated it to a pretty gloss.  Then I sprinkled Cracked Pistachio Embossing Glaze on the bottom left corner and heated that up.  I love how these glazes let the images below show through!


I stamped the Dodo and an additional mushroom onto mixed media paper as well with Ranger Archival Ink and watercolored them using the same colors of Distress Oxides that I used on my background.  When the Dodo was dry, I used a paint brush to apply some embossing pad re-inker to parts of the Dodo and sprinkled on some of the Broken China powder and heated that.  I fussy cut my images and popped them up onto the background.  


I stamped the sentiment and hand drew lines around it and cut it out.  I let it be a little wonky.  I had cut part of the mushroom image off and decided to add some of the Cracked Pistachio glaze on it and added it with the sentiment.  A few sequins and done!

That's me for today!  I hope you have enjoyed it and hope you'll give these powders a try!  They are the perfect compliment to the Distress Oxides and I can't wait to add more colors to my collection.
 

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is AWESOME! LOVING the bright colors, the dodo and the sentiment!!!

Claire said...

Love love love the colours
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

María said...

Wow I love it, it's full of colour and all tha texture on the background is great. María, xx.

Lagene said...

Super CUTE!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic card design and great colors.