Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Autumn's Glorious Color - Rubbernecker Stamps


Welcome back!  Today I'm sharing a colorful bouquet using a couple of the new layered floral stamps from the Rubbernecker shop!  Here's how I made it!

The Base:

  • I started this one with a purple base of a pre-cut card from The Paper Cut shop.  These are great pre-cut and scored bases that make it so easy to create a slimline card!  
  • My second orange layer is also from The Paper Cut Slimline Layers.  
  • And then I cut the plaid layer to fit with a slight orange border around it (8 3/16 x 3 3/16)
  • On top of the plaid, I popped up a panel of white cardstock cut using the scallop slimline die from the shop.
Next I created a layer of clouds to be the backdrop for my bouquet.


  • I cut a panel using the 2nd largest rectangle from the Slimline Nested Stitch Die.
  • Then I used the Slimline Clouds Dies to cut some cloud shapes from scrap cardstock.
  • I laid one of the cloud die cuts horizontally onto the rectangle panel and applied some Color Fuse Ink with a blending brush.

  • I kept moving the die cut(s) up the panel and also moving it horizontally so that the cloud lines would vary at each level.

  • All the way to the top!  Then I attached this panel over the scalloped layer.

The Bouquet:
  • I stamped the florals onto white cardstock and cut them out.
  • I cut the cup using the Coffee Cup base from some design paper that I thought looked a bit like a cup of water or a pretty blue vase.
  • I popped the cup up onto the cloudy base leaving room where I knew my sentiment would go.
  • Next the florals were added using various thicknesses of foam tape just like I would arrange flowers in a base.

The Sentiment:
  • I cut two banners using the second largest die from the banners set.  One from white and one from the same plaid I used on my base.
  • The sentiment from the Autumn Harvest set was stamped onto the white banner using a Misti in Magenta Color Fuse Ink.
  • The plaid banner was adhered to the card under the vase of flowers and the white was popped up and offset from the plaid.
  • Finally a few sequins and I was done!

I wish this bouquet was sitting on my table right now!  I'm not sure what Autumn flowers are purple, but there should be some because I love purple and orange together...lol... so it definitely should be a thing... and today, it is!

Thank you so much for stopping and I hope you enjoyed it!  Come again soon for some more inspiration!


I've included links below to all of the Rubbernecker products I used for today's card.  Should you choose to purchase using these links I will receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you.  and thank you!

3 comments:

Claire said...

Love everything about this. Them flowers are just perfect
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful slimline card design. Beautiful flowers.

María said...

What cool background and those flowers are fantastic. I love it. Hugs, María.