Thursday, August 25, 2022

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - August 2022 Edition



Welcome back!  It's time for a new Crafty Elves post where my friends Debra and Michael and I share the Christmas cards we made this month!

Over at the Coffee Loving Papercrafters group recently, I learned about a new company called Pixi Dust Designs and they had a whole collection of Holiday Mug Die Sets and there's a bundle of all four of them and of course I had to get the bundle so I thought they'd be perfect for a Crafty Elves post!  (You can get each one separately, but the bundle is awesome and there are dies in each that can easily be used with each other and on other projects).  Here's how I was inspired:


I'll start with Santa! I started with a base of a gel print and then layered that cool Lattice W/Scallop Cover Die from Rubbernecker over it.

Then I cut all of my pieces out for Santa and assembled him with the help of the little pic on the back of the packaging card... don't you just love that cinnamon stick and little gingerbread cookie??


I added the snowflake from AJVD and built my sentiment using a stamp from Miss Ink and the & sign from the Marshmallow Alpha dies from Trinity Stamps.  Isn't that mug just the cutest??


For the penguin I chose a foiled gel print and the Happy Holidays circle die cut from MFT.


This sweetie comes with a peppermint stick and those cute little marshmallows too!


This reindeer!!  So cuuuute and sweet!  I decided not to use the whipped cream with this one although it does come with one... some of my tiny pieces I cut from white and then color them the colors I need.

These die sets are just SO complete. I'm very happy with them.  You get enough dies to cut every piece once so you don't have to keep running the same die through multiple times... unless of course you want to make more than one mug...lol!


This gel print I created using a stencil from Gina K... don't worry... you'll see it again soon!

There is steam and a candy cane with this one.


And last but definitely not least this snowman!!  Eeep!!  I love that hat and the holly and candy cane come with this one too.


I used that lattice die again over another gel print... I just love it!

And that's me for today!

Be sure to head on over to Debra and Michael's places to see what they have for you today!  But before you go let's see who is the winner of some great Rubbernecker Stamps Holiday products!  I have two winners:



Vanessa and Sue!  Send me your snail mail so I can get you your Happy Mail!

Thanks so much to everyone who played along last month!  We're playing again so leave me some love and I'll choose someone to send some Happy Mail to in September.

Come back again soon!





 

10 comments:

World of Michael Trent said...

OMGosh...these cards are so cute and those mug dies are super sweet. I want to pick a fav but...I dunno...I think...the penguin. But they are all really sweet and great for holiday cards.

Debra Davison said...

Love all of these cute cups !!! You always make the most amazing cards !!

Denise Bryant said...

The mugs are so fun! I love the cards you created! Hard to pick a favorite, but I am partial to snowmen!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

These are just the CUTEST mug dies and your cards are ADORABLE!

Lisa :) said...

These are just darling! I JUST got these dies and cannot wait to play with them!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Super cute cards, Lisa!

MadeByMeghanK said...

I can't pick a favorite.... but maybe that Santa! I love the penguin too!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

These mugs are cute. I'm enjoying my Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks that I redeemed rewards points for this morn.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Karenladd said...

OH my goodness, those mug dies are on my wish list now! Love them all but the reindeer one is my favorite.

SHartl said...

Wow would I love to have a set of mugs like this. My kids and I would fight over our favorites, because I love them all. The penguin and reindeer are two on my wish list though.