Sunday, December 9, 2018

12 Tags of Christmas - Ellen Hutson/Reverse Confetti


So happy to see you!  I've still got some lingering Coffee Hop ideas that I'm playing around with and sharing one of them with you today!  I'm playing along with the 12 Tags of Christmas over at Ellen Hutson and the current Stock Your Stash Challenge at Reverse Confetti.

For 12 Tags of Christmas the idea is to use inspiration from one of the day's posts.  I used inspiration from the Dec 1st post with Jennifer McGuire and Carolyn Peeler.  My inspiration came from alcohol ink and glitter from Jennifer's ornaments.

I started by creating an alcohol ink background using some pinks and blues.. hoping they'd mix to create purple in some areas and they did!  They are a little darker than I'd hoped and was originally going for more pink, but they're so hard to control!  But I love it anyway!  I cut a tag using the CAS-ual Fridays Scallop Tags die.


I wanted to use the adorable Holiday Gnomes stamp set from Reverse Confetti during the Coffee Hop, but ran out of time so this was the perfect time to use it!  I stamped the gnome, house and tree from the set and colored them with my Copics.  I'm also playing along over at Choux Choux Paper Art's Visions of Sugar Plums Home for Christmas Challenge! To Caffienate this tag, I added the To Go Cup and that cute little mouse from the Coffee and You Stamps and Dies as well as that sweet little Tiny Love Bubble from Waffle Flower that I cut out of the alcohol inked paper.


I was going to cut these fantastic snowflakes from the Let It Snow Confetti Cuts from glitter paper but I was at a crop and had forgotten it!  But I did have my embossing powders with me.  So I cut the snowflakes from some plain white cardstock and smooshed some Versamark all over them and used some Wow Snow Glitter embossing powder to add some beautiful sparkle and texture to them!  Love how they came out!


The Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash Challenge is all about Thanks, so I die cut the Thanks word from the CDD Greeting Word Dies from the same alcohol inked paper as the tag.  Then I embossed the "you're the coolest" sentiment from the S'more Love stamp set using some purple embossing powder and fussy cut it out so it would not take up too much space.  


I just added a few sequins from Brutus Monroe and some pretty fibers I had in my stash and it was done!

Thanks for stopping and hope you'll stop again soon!  In the meantime check out all of these challenges and maybe play along with one or two or three!









10 comments:

Georgiana said...

Awesome tag. Loving the colors on your tag with that pop of green.

Dotty Jo said...

How fabulous! Jo x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this! LOVING that GNOME .. but did the coffee stunt his growth!??! HA!!!!!!!! I know you will get that reference!! LOL!!! :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute gnome and this tag is just loaded with goodies. Awesome design.

Brenda said...

Lisa, this is soooooo dogone cute! I may have to add that little gnome to my collection. I love the colors, actually I love everything about it!

Scrapper69 said...

I LOVE the colors on your tag and the layers... very cool!

Theresa

Lori said...

Such a fun tag! Love the layers and colors. So glad you linked to my Visions of Sugarplums challenge!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Lisa! Thank you for all the comments on my blog during the coffee hop! I did not get around to do much hopping but wanted to pop in now and see what you're making! Your tag is so adorable, and I love the bright colours! Your colouring is beautiful! I haven't coloured in ages; I need to get back to it! Love the eyelash trim too!

I Card Everyone said...

I spy, with my little eye, my favorite Gnome - to date, that is! I'm so fickle when it comes to these guys! lol
What a fantastic tag, Lisa!! thanks for playing along!
=]

Jeannean said...

Wow, I love all the little details! Cool tag!