Saturday, December 1, 2018

Fall/Winter 2018 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop - Day 2 1/2


Welcome back!   It's Day 2 of the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and for my second card for today, I've used some lovely Pink and Main stamps and paper along with dies from Lawn Fawn and Poppy Stamps!


Mmmmm... this was me on Thanksgiving Day...lol!  I started with that beautiful Double Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Die set from Poppy Stamps to cut the polka dot layer from one of the design papers from the fun Pumpkin Spice 6x6 Paper Pad from Pink and Main. 


Truthfully on Thanksgiving Weekend we went away with the family and I brought along some stamps, ink, paper, Copics and colored pencils and that's what I did during the down time.. I mean don't get me wrong... it was all down time..lol!  But, I colored when everyone else was busy doing other things.  I stamped a bunch of images from the Pumpkin Spice stamp set as well as that adorable Squirrel in a coffee cup from the Perfect Blend set and colored them in while I was there.


Later at home when I was ready, I cut out the images because I was dumb and didn't buy the coordinating dies when I had a chance (SMH).  Then I cut a vellum layer from C.C. Designs just to slightly tone down the busy paper where my images would be layered.  Then I went about deciding what I wanted where and used various thicknesses of popup tape to arrange them including some wonderful popup squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L.   OMG... that squirrel right??  Next after I had my images all attached I cut some of those sweet Stitched Leaves using the Lawn Fawn die from some previously watercolored paper and inserted them where I deemed necessary :)


I decided to nestle this sentiment from the Pumpkin Spice set in with my goodies... just stamped it with Versamark onto some black paper; embossed it in white, cut it out and popped it up!  Just a few sequins scattered around and I was finished!


One more look!  I'm playing along with a few other challenges too!  Over at Double Trouble Challenges, they're all about Holiday Sweet Treats... I'd say this qualifies-and with the sequins I've also met the Twist - you are welcome Twisted Sister!  And they are partnering with Use Your Stuff Challenge... it's a gorgeous holiday mood board... this doesn't fit the colors AT ALL, but it does have lots of yummy goodies on it so I'd say I'm good to go!   Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is Anything Goes this week and I'm linking up over there.

Thanks so much for visiting me!  I'm hopping and making my way around.  If I normally visit you and you miss me... don't worry... I'll be around!!  I promise... it just might take me a while.  Hope you'll play along over at the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog and check out some of the other challenges I'm playing along with.  Just check out the rules for each place before you play along!

And huge thanks to our Super Sponsors for the Coffee Hop!






14 comments:

scrappin' GA peach said...

What a yummy card!! Thanks for the links to the other challenges, too! I think I can get into a few myself!!
Loving that cute squirrel
I was dumb too..I didn't buy the dies from P&M when I had the chance at the Stamp Show :/
Live and learn!!

Billie A said...

Great images and layout. Great colors. I love your card.

~amy~ said...

Oh my SWEET! This is AWESOME Lisa. All those fun images, all that glorious coloring...just perfect!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am LOVING all the goodies on here!!!!!!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a fun card and I love all the goodies on it. Yum!

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh yeah, that squirrel is a cutie!! Your whole card is scrumptious.

Scrapper69 said...

WOW! LOVE this one! I can see all the goodies I would have during this awesome Fall season! Your coloring is wonderful as well! :)

Theresa

papercraftingprincess said...

Thank you for joining in the fun...I love everything about this card, but the first thing that caught my eye was the vellum layer. Very cool effect! Thanks for supporting Twisted Sister too...it has been noted and reported to Santa.

Arianna Barbara said...

Great Fall card!!!

Hetty said...

Beautiful card, great and delicious scenery!
love your coloring too.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Oh, so bright and colorful and full of sweets, love that pumpkin pie and everything with pumpkin spice...just had a second cup of pumpkin spiced coffee and it's very rare I do two coffees in one day. Adorable and fun card. Thanks again for sharing with us at Double Trouble, and don't forget to make a comment in Challenge #15, and I may even give you one outside of the Blog Candy. Love, Mom.

Laura S. said...

Oh my sweetness, looks like that little suirell is having a time of his/her life. So many amazing treats!

Fikreta said...

this card is so pretty!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is really sweet, Lisa. Fabulously creative.