Sunday, December 2, 2018

Fall/Winter 2018 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop-Day 3 1/2


Well, Day 3 of the Fall/Winter 2018 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop is moving along and I have one more for you today!  Here's what I've been working on:


I don't know what it is, but I'm really enjoying these darker colors right now... along with a little bit of plaid it's such a cozy feel I think!  Again I'm using some retired CTMH papers from the Jack paper pack.  I started by using my favorite Double Stitched Rectangle Dies from Kat Scrappiness for my first layer attached to my base.  Then I used the 8 Point Star Quilt Die from A Jillian Vance Design and cut a window into the gray plaid and then cut it twice more.. once from a red plaid and once from plain red cardstock.  I attached my gray plaid to the black base and then pieced together my quilt inside the open square.  I kept the color palette tone on tone so that it would be a nice backdrop.


Then I cut the cup from some Carta Bella paper from the Let It Snow Paper Pad that had a nice dainty snow print on it in all the right colors using the Coffee, Tea and Me die set from Jillian Vance... awesome cup set!!  The steam comes with it and this may be my new favorite steam for almost any cup I have...lol!  I cut it out of some white glitter paper along with the little hearts that are part of the steam die and they are so sweet.  I added a couple snowflakes from my stash that I felt lent themselves to being part of the steam.


And this Joy word die with a snowflake for the O ... love it!   This was a set in my stash I've had for a while, but you could do this with any alpha set and snowflake.  I got lucky and this was just the right size!


Rather than your typical Coffee sentiment, I decided to keep this one open so I could send it to anyone.  I love the sentiments on the Hero Arts Coffee Cup Tags stamp set... such a nice size and fit perfectly on the largest of the Flag Banner Dies from Craftin Desert Divas.



And please do come back tomorrow!  It will be time for a new Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge and we've got something special going on!









12 comments:

~amy~ said...

Lisa, this is so pretty! Love that cup and the plaid!

Scrapper69 said...

Your card is sooo PRETTY! I really like those colors as well.... the cup is wonderful with that steam just floating on up! Yummy! :)

Theresa

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! LOVING the 'joy'!!!!!

Arianna Barbara said...

Beautiful layout and combo of colors!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous and a great way of using dies for it. The pattern papers are perfect too.

Lori said...

Love the patterns from the subtle plaid on the background to the coffee cup! You're right - the steam is awesome. So glad you linked to my Visions of Sugarplums challenge!

Becca Yahrling said...

I have been wanting to buy a die like this 'joy', but you're right, any alpha dies you have will work; just have to get the right sized snowflake. I love this, Lisa!!

Billie A said...

Great dies and colors. I love the look. So pretty. the joy is sweet.

Hetty said...

Lisa, what a festive coffee card.
Bold and beautiful.

Laura S. said...

Wonderful card, love the flourish steam detail!

Fikreta said...

Its so pretty!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is really cute, Lisa. I love it.