Thursday, March 14, 2019

Paper Sweeties March 2019 Release Party!


It's time for the Release Party over at Paper Sweeties!  The new Get Well Stamp and Sweet Cuts are now available in the shop!

Today I'm sharing with you a card using the new sets and I created a background using a couple previously released sets!  I used the leaves from the Bee Happy Stamp Set and my favorite flower from the Hello Spring Stamp Set.  I embossed them onto some watercolor paper.  Then I blended some distress oxides over the top.  I used the "lift" technique to then remove the color inside the stamped images... you just add a little water with a paint brush only to the area you want to remove or "lift" the color from and then blot it with a paper towel.  You can take as much or as little color away as you want.  Then when I removed some of the distress ink from inside my images, I filled them back in with the colors I wanted using my Zig markers along with a little bit of water.  Then when it was all done, I splattered some drops of water all over and blotted it with a paper towel and splattered a little gold Color Shine over the top.


Then I cut the Get Well die cuts once out of this pretty shimmery paper and two more times from white cardstock and stacked them together.  Then I embossed one of the sentiments from the Get Well stamp set onto black paper and added it.


And there you have it!  I'm playing along over at Double Trouble Challenges where the challenge this time around is Wearin O' The Green!  Create something with green as the main color and I met the twist with my gold splatters!  And Double Trouble is partnering with Heart2Heart Challenges and I'm linking up over there as well!

So! You can head over to the Paper Sweeties shop and order up your new sets right now!  And while you're waiting for that to come to your mailbox, you can check out these places and see what they've created for you today:

Maria Patrick

Thanks so much for stopping today and be sure to come back tomorrow for the Release Rewind!



4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is beautiful! LOVING the colors and the leaves!!!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

How beautiful...thanks for sharing your technique for the background, so many steps but so gorgeous...well worth it. You always please with such fantastic backgrounds which is normally out of my comfort zone...but I may surprise you some day and do a BZScrapper technique. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Heart2Heart

Amy Pitts said...

Your card is just so pretty! Thank you for playing along with us at H2H

CatScrapbooking said...

Love the background you created, so beautiful. Fantastic get well card! Thank you for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart!