Friday, January 10, 2020

Mixing It Up - Hogs & Kisses from Miss Ink!


Hello!  I'm stuck on the oh so adorable Punny Farm Pigs stamp set (which has some fantastic punny sentiments for Valentines Day by the way) and sharing another one with you today with a cool background I made using the Circular Harlequin stencil along with some texture paste and Wow embossing powder.
I started by die cutting a panel from Mixed Media Paper.  When I remember I like to use Mixed Media Paper when I'm using any heavy medium like Texture Paste.  I taped down the stencil just along the outside edge of my panel and applied the Texture Paste with a spatula.  One of my favorite tools for this is the Thermoweb Stencil Pal because after I apply my paste, I can run the Stencil Pal over the whole thing to smooth it out.  Once the paste was applied, I peeled off the stencil and while the paste is still wet, I sprinkled on two different "flavors" of Wow Embossing Powder randomly.  When I do this and tape the excess off,  I add the leftovers to an empty jar so I can use it in the future.  Finally I use the heat gun to met the powder... you know it's working when the paste bubbles a bit.
Next I went about stamping, cutting, and coloring my images... the pigs and ducks are from the Funny Parm Pigs set and the hearts and envelopes are from the Punny Farm Goats set.  (Which I'm pretty sure is my next obsession... stay tuned!)  I used a simple frame to frame them and made sure lots of my background would show through... because I love it!
Finally, this perfect sentiment from Punny Farm Pigs and I added some Glossy Accents to the hearts and a few of these Trinity sequins (my current fave!)  I just love that background!!
And there you have it!  Wow Embossing Powder is having a challenge this month with the theme of Love and I'm playing along over there!
Thank you so much for stopping by!  Hope you enjoyed it and come back soon for more Miss Ink inspiration!

4 comments:

María said...

This card is super cute and adorable, and that background is awesome, I love it. Hugs, María.

Lagene said...

AWWHH this is so CUTE!!! I love the stenciled and sparkled background!!!

VintageScrapsCanada said...

Oh my goodness these pigs are adorable

Scrapper69 said...

Those little piggies are super sweet! Adorable card!

Theresa