Thursday, February 13, 2020

So We're Even! - Rubbernecker Stamps


Lisa here!  I have a fun one for you today!  Absolutely love these quirky Birds!  They are so fun to color up in various colors!  I'm pretty sure I need all of them!


These two were perfect together and it was fun to add one peeking out upside down in the background... looks like trouble to me!


And with this sentiment??  This will be just right for an anniversary card for my husband.  I mean really... the foundation of a successful marriage is being able to "put up with" each others' quirkiness.


And here's how I created this one:
    1. I cut my base layer in white 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  I had picked out the yellow paper but knew I wanted a little bit of that minty aqua color (think BG0000, BG10, and BG11) so I added a layer of the aqua leaving a very thin border at 5 3/8" x 4 1/8".  Then I cut a layer of the yellow using the largest Nested Rectangle Small Stitch die and they fit together perfectly!
    2. Then I cut a coordinating piece of yellow using the Rectangle Combo OPC #3 and used the 2nd and 3rd largest frames together by laying them upside down on my work surface nested together and adding foam tape to the back covering the seam between the two.  Then layered the frame in the center of my base.
    3. Next I stamped, cut and colored the blue bird using Copic Markers BG0000, BG10, and BG11 as well as YR15, Y11, and Y15 and added a little bit of colored pencil in the nooks and crannies for good measure.
    4. I popped the blue bird up in the center of my frame and slowly started cutting away the yellow one (before I colored it) to play with his placement.  Once I had the look I wanted, I colored him in using the same as the first, but using more yellow than the blue.  Once he was colored, I added thin popup tape and inserted him into his position.
    5. Finally, I stamped that fun (and true) sentiment onto a piece of white cardstock cut using a Nested Banner Stitched Die and popped that up into position.  Just a few acrylic dots and sequins to finish it off!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you enjoyed your visit!  Come again soon for more Rubbernecker Stamps inspiration!




5 comments:

Lagene said...

These birds are too much FUN! Love your coloring and card layout!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is such a cute card and that sentiment is awesome. Very true too!

María said...

This card is awesome and those birds are super funny, but I have to admit what I like more is that sentiment, it's great. Hugs, María

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Is this card for Mama??!?!? LOL!! Come on ... you can be honest with me!! LOL!!! HA! I loveeeeee this! It is AWESOME!!!!!!

Lori said...

Nice card!