Friday, June 5, 2020

I'm Here For You - Miss Ink Stamps


Welcome back!  Today I'm sharing a card I made inspired by a crafty friend that I crop with virtually almost every Sunday.  We have a group of ladies that used to get together physically once a month and about halfway through the Pandemic so far we decided to start cropping virtually (thanks Mom!).  So last week, my friend Mare was playing with an old technique of painting with bleach!  I had never heard of it, but I don't watch a lot of videos... I just don't have the time.  She had been watching a Gina K Facebook Live on this technique... which I will admit I didn't watch... but I decided to play with the technique with the little bit I know.


Oh I had so much fun!  Basically I stamped the images from the Smokin' Caterpillars stamp set with Memento Espresso Truffle Ink in my Misti and then stamped over it with Versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder.  You may notice some extra sparkle... I think my clear powder ended up with some glitter in it...lol.. which I'm good with.. and not surprised.  I think the embossing is important so that the bleach doesn't make the outline fade and maybe the embossing kind of contains the bleach?... although that might make a fun no line type of thing so I might play with that a little.  (I'm guessing if you watch the video these things will be addressed...lol).  I decided to try it on kraft paper for a really neutral color pallet.
 

After my images were embossed, I took a brush and some straight chlorine bleach and painted the images... I had to be careful with this one as there is a lot going on and I didn't want to bleach any of the open spaces... and I did.. but it worked out okay because I just decided there was something behind there and treated it as such.  At first it seems like not much is happening, but as time goes on the bleach really takes hold.  You don't need a lot.  It was very cool.  After, I splattered on some bleach for good measure and then used a Diamond Fade stencil and some Brushed Corduroy Distress Oxide Ink to add a little extra... I masked the image on the right and let the diamonds go over on the image on the left... just 'cause... it was intentional and not an accident.


I got a really cool result that looked great as it was, but you know I can't leave anything alone.  I tried.  I was a little afraid and was going to just leave it, but it got the better of me and I pulled out some neutral Prismacolor pencils and did some light coloring.  I did use greens and browns, but then also went over those with a putty to diffuse the color a bit.  I am so happy I did this and I love the dimension it adds!

So finally a sentiment from Everyday Sentiments and some sequins from Trinity and I was done!  I'm gonna be playing with variations of this technique all month and I'll be up on the Miss Ink Stamps blog towards the end of June with a few tips based on what I've learned and experienced.

Thank you SO much for stopping and I hope you'll come again soon!!  In the meantime, please stay safe and share as much virtual love as you can.. I think everybody needs it right now!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So cool that you used that technique!!! I loveeeeeeee this! So fun!

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Oh Lisa, this is stunning, I love the neutral colours and I have never heard of bleach painting

Lagene said...

Amazing bleached creation!

María said...

Great card, it's beautiful and those colours you've got using that technique are awesome. Hugs, María.