Thursday, February 25, 2021

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas- February 2021 Edition!


Happy February Holidays!  We're back again with some more Christmas Card inspiration!  Debra and Michael and I are sharing the Christmas cards we've made this month.  Without any further ado


I had lots of fun with these cuties!  I chose a couple stamp sets that I bought over at Topflight Stamps... one a Christmas doggy set and the little dog isn't from that set, but a similar one and it worked just as well!

Here's a closer look:


OMG... what's even better than a pup stamp??  A pup stamp with an owl.  For this background, I die cut some snowflakes from Paper Smooches from cardstock adhered to double sided adhesive sheets from Elizabeth Crafts.  I peeled off the backing and placed the snowflakes onto some white cardstock sized a bit larger than my frame in a random pattern and then blended some Distress Oxides in blues over them.


I did a slight ink lift using a paintbrush and water and a paper towel so the snowflakes would show up better.  Basically you add water to the area you want to lift the ink from and while it's wet soak up the extra along with a bit of ink using a paper towel.  Then I layered all of my background pieces and popped that cool Deckled frame from Rubbernecker over it.  I popped up my image and that cute sentiment (that one is from a Christmas pup set from MFT that is retired.)  A few sequins and done!


For this one I used a cool background stamp designed by Brutus Monroe and available in the Unity Stamp Shop.  I heat embossed it in white over blue cardstock.


Easy peasy!  Then I added another one of those cute sentiments from the old MFT set (because I thought it was perfect since this cutie pie is decked out in ornaments!


I used another Brutus Monroe background stamp with this one-also available over at Unity Stamps.  There are a couple sentiments on the Paper Artsy sets and decided there was the perfect space for this one... I love that wonky font with these dogs... they're perfect!  That frame is from Paper Smooches and not available but I had to use it because it's one of my faves!


I used two of my favorite Copic color combos one all of these... the pink is R81, R83, and R85 and the blues are BG000, BG10, BG13.


I played with some alcohol inks for this one!  I've been playing alot with EVO Synthetic paper and it's perfect for all of my alcohol ink projects.  For this one.. similar to my first... I cut the snowflakes from EVO paper backed with double sided adhesive and adhered them to a panel of EVO paper.  Then I used a combo of Ranger Alcohol Inks and Copic refills along with blending solution.  Then I took a cue from a post over on IG at ETCPaper's account and added a little glitter while it was wet.


After the ink dried a bit, I used a paintbrush filled with alcohol and used it to push the ink on the snowflakes and some of the glitter away a bit... again, so that the snowflakes would stand out more and not get lost in all of the ink and glitter.  Another technique I'll be playing some more with!


This little cutie was the one that was from the other Paper Arty set that isn't Christmas themed, but I thought she deserved to be on a Christmas card... especially with her present she got!  I used another sentiment from the MFT set because I thought it was perfect for this little girl.  That frame is from Whimsy and I love it too!

That's me for today!  No don't for get to head on over to Debra and Michael's places and see what they have for you today!  But before you go..... let's pick a winner!


Kim!  Please send me your snail mail to bzscrapper66 at gmail dot com!

We're doing it again, so leave me some love and next month I might be sending you some Happy Mail!

Thanks so much everyone for visiting and hope you enjoyed your stop!  Come again soon!


 

9 comments:

MadeByMeghanK said...

I LOVE the color scheme on these! What goofy little cuties!

Becca Yahrling said...

Oh Lisa, these are all so hysterical. So. fun! And of course, awesome sauce.

Denise Bryant said...

These pups and the sentiments are all so fun! Love the cards you created!

Sue D said...

Fun cards. I like your coloring and framing. congrats to Kim.

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Yay! Thank you for picking me. I'll email you shorty. These cards this month are super darling. Love the designs, the backgrounds, and all the adorable characters. So cute! Thanks for the inspiration!

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Thes3 are all so cute

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Oh my goodness!! I adore all of your cards this month... the pink and blue are so eye-catching! Love them all!

Vannessa Osbourn said...

What unique and charming critters on your cards Lisa! Love what you've done with your coordinated set!

World of Michael Trent said...

OMGosh....OMGosh....OMGosh...I freakin love love love these dogs and cards. They are adorable and your cards are awesome!!