Friday, February 12, 2021

Hippo Bird Day To You - Miss Ink Stamps


Welcome back!  For today I have some more Miss Ink Stamps, along with alcohol inks, Deco Foil and EVO paper!

And I'm playing along with the It's a Girl Thing Annual Turner Syndrome Awareness Blog Hop !   I was inspired by the colors and added a few pretty little butterflies while I was at it!  Here's the inspiration photo:


How are you inspired?  I hope you find some time to play along and hop on over to the blog to find out all about Lori and her daughter Julie's journey with Turner Syndrome.   Did you know that Turner Syndrome is a lesser known genetic disorder that occurs in 1 in 2000 babies and is accompanied with lifelong medical issues and learning disabilities?  There is so much information over on the blog... be sure ot check it out and help us spread the word.  You might even win a prize!  I can't wait to see what you create!  



This time I wanted some lighter colors for my alcohol ink background so cut a panel of EVO paper and picked out a couple of my Copic reinker bottles that were the colors I wanted and went to town.  Using the same technique as on my last, I moved the colors around with some Blending Solution and then added foil from my scraps when I was done.  If you'd like a little more info on adding the foil you can check out my post over at Miss Ink from yesterday here!


I had started coloring up some flowers and leaves from Brewtiful and Springtime Banners as well as birds and butterflies when I decided there was a big of a tropical feel so I decided one of the adorable Hippos from Hippo Hooray would be perfect!


And I just love this punny sentiment from the Hippo set so I decided it was the one and why not add a Hippo friend, that cute little turtle??  Check out the shine on that background!  I guess these colors inspired me to give this a tropical feel.

Thanks so much for stopping!  Hope you enjoyed it and you'll come again soon!



 

3 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Oh Lisa! Your card is so adorable and I love the bright colors! Thank you so much for joining us in spreading awareness of Turner Syndrome! You always make such awesome cards!

Jan Mahew said...

Lisa, Thank you for sharing your vibrant creation and helping to spread the awareness of Turner Syndrome. Stay safe and happy crafting!
Hugs,
Jan

Darlene said...

OMG what a fun, happy & colorful creation! LOVE IT!! Brought an instant smile! Thanks so much for helping to spread the word about Turner Syndrome! We appreciate your help!