Monday, October 25, 2021

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas - October 2021 Edition


Welcome back to this month's Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas!  Every 25th of the month, my fellow elves, Debra and Michael share the Christmas cards we created for the month!  And this month we have a special guest, Terri Albro Burson is joining us!  Be sure you visit them after you leave here to see what they've got for you!

Now!  Here's how I was inspired:


Some of you may or may not know, but my mom is a Close to My Heart Consultant and I love to see the new catalogs and (sometimes) even indulge and buy something.  When I saw these beautiful deer in the Holly and Ivy stamp set I knew I needed them!


I love the vintage look of these sweet deer!  I decided it was time to pull out my paper flowers  and create some bumpy cards for my Christmas stash.  I also used that cool frame also from CTMH, the Oval Frame Thin Cuts is perfect for this vintage feel!

All of my cards use a similar layout, but different papers and colors all from a Tim Holtz paper pack I picked up last year.


And I used all of the same Copic markers for each of them too... easy peasy!

Also, over at Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers they’re having a Falling For The Holiday Hop with lots of inspiration and prizes!  Check it out and play along!





I used die cuts from Rubbernecker and A Jillian Vance Design as well as some paper flowers from my stash and crocheted flowers from a crafty friend in Australia.  It was so much fun working in this style again... lots of layers and flowers.


I can't pick a favorite ... they all are similar but have a different feel and I love them all!


The white crocheted flowers were from a bundle I purchased on Etsy.


And the deer are so easy to color because there is a lot of shading on the image.  I stamped them in a dark brown Memento ink because I knew I'd be coloring them with Copics.


Of course I have some plaid in here... I'm Mad4Plaid!


These will all definitely take some extra postage!   But I've gotten pretty good at figuring that out without going to the Post Office... I think... hope you'll all let me know if I'm wrong!!  I usually round up though so I should be good!

That's me!

Before you go let's see who won some Happy Mail from last month's post:


Kim!  Email me your snail mail at bzscrapper66 at gmail dot com!

Thanks so much to everyone who hopped with us last month and we're gonna play again!  Leave a comment here and you could win some Happy Mail!

Now don't forget  to hop over to Michael, Debra and Terri's places to see what they've created for you this month!  Links are above!



 

12 comments:

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love these deer! So elegant! Congrats to Kim!

Sue D said...

Wonderful cards with these pretty deer. Congrats to Kim too.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I can see why you wanted the deer. They are wonderful and so is your card!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful cards with these sweet deer! Love the way you colored them!
Congrats to Kim!

Celeste Goff said...

What beautiful cards! Love the vintage feel!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Wow!! Amazing cards... I also can't pick a favorite! Love how they are similar but all so different!

Teresa Russell said...

Sweet cards! I especially love the one with the white crocheted flowers!

Karen L K said...

Such nice cards! I like how you changed it up on each one. The plaid & wood catch my eye.

Vannessa Osbourn said...

Lisa, you used those deer in so many beautiful ways! So beautiful!

Becca Yahrling said...

Yep, they are ALL beautiful! The deer are so sweet and I just love all the wonderful elements you used. I do think the plaid BG is my favorite. You can't ever go wrong with plaid on anything! LOL

Suzanne H said...

My favorite is the one with crochet flowers. That's another one of my hobbies. :)

Karenladd said...

These cards are just gorgeous and you colored the deer so beautifully that I thought it was printed ephemera when I first glanced. Anyone would be thrilled to receive one of these for the holidays.