Friday, August 25, 2023

Crafty Elves Countdown to Christmas-August 2023 Edition


Welcome to this month's Crafty Elves Countdown To Christmas!  It's the 25th and the day that my friends and I share the Christmas Cards we made this month!

After you leave here, be sure to head over to Debra, Michael, and our special guest this month, Shalana!  (Misty is taking a break this month!)

I've got four cards for you today!  Here's how I was inspired:


I started with some fun new-ish stamps from Rubbernecker Stamps!  These adorable Laughing Snowmen were released in July and I've been dying to get them on a card!  I created a couple backgrounds with the Snowflake Stencil and cut this one with one of the dies from the Nested Loop dies.


I broke up one of the sentiments from the set and used the You with Shadow die instead.


For this one, I used the Christmas Cheer Gnomes!  I used a different die and added some snowflakes to this one.


And heat embossed the sentiment directly onto the background panel.  And check out the cup in the gnome's hand!  Of course he needs some coffee.. there's lots to do!


For the next two I used the Unique Flakes digital set from Angie Blom!  I printed the flakes on some Mixed Media paper for the background and added some inks after and printed some on the clear toner sheet for the window and foiled both.  It was really hard to photo this one and it doesn't do it justice.  I just added the simple Winter Big Scripty Greeting so I didn't cover up too much of the snowflakes.  I used many of the same techniques for this one and the next that I did in this Therm O Web post here if you're interested.


You can really see those gorgeous snowflakes on this one!  All of the papers I used for these two foiled designs were from my latest Your Paper Insider box including that awesome purple metallic.


That's me for today!  I haven't done this in a while but I'm gonna start it up again!  I'll pick a winner from the comments on this post and on my Instagram for these four cards to get some Happy Mail!

Thanks so much for stopping and don't forget to visit the rest of the Crafty Elves!








 



1 comment:

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome assortment of cards! Pretty backgrounds and color combos! I am especially loving that loopy edged die you used on your first card, and the snowmen are so cute!