Friday, September 1, 2023

Miss Ink Stamps - Graffiti Madness


Hello!  Happy Friday!  I have a fun one for you today!

When I was looking at this Brick Wall stencil, I decided I wanted to make something that looked like graffiti... so I was going through my Miss Ink Stamps sets and came across the Madness stamp and knew it was the one!


I started by stamping the sentiment onto a white piece of cardstock with Wow Embossing Ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  Then I stamped the Cheshire Cat face from Wonderland Wisdom over it and embossed that as well. Next I laid the stencil over the entire panel and blended some Crackling Campfire Distress Oxide Ink.  The color is a little orangey so I added Vintage Photo over the top.  Then I removed the stencil and blended some Antique Linen over the entire panel.  Finally I splattered paint over the top, masking off the sentiment a little and then wiped the ink off of the sentiment with a napkin.


I added a little scalloped border to the bottom by cutting a panel with one of the dies from the EIEIO die set and then trimmed off the edge and popped it up onto the bottom of the brick wall.  I cut a bunch of flowers and leaves using dies from Oh Happy Day and Hi Swirl Frame die sets and arranged them inside my little scalloped fence.  And then it hit me!  Who would do such a thing!?  The Mad Hatter of course!  I stamped the top half of the image and then positioned him on the card to decide where to cut him so he could be peaking in from the edge.  I colored him in and where I trimmed the cups that he was holding from his hand, I was trying to decide what I'd put there... perhaps some flowers... maybe a cup... and then I remembered there was a paint can and paint brush on the Painting The Roses set and they were the perfect size!

Finally I added a sentiment from Wonderland Wisdom and a few sequins as well as Nuvo drops for flower centers.

This one is really making me giggle... I'm so happy with how it turned out!

Thank you so much for stopping!  I hope you'll come again soon!
 

No comments: