Thursday, November 28, 2019

A Special Freebie for a Happy Thanksgiving with CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!

Welcome back and Happy Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope you are having a chance to spend time with friends and family and to reflect on all the good that is in your lives right now.  I am very grateful today for so many things including that I get to be here sharing with you today!  We've got some really great things going on here starting now!

First... a sale!!!


Awesome sale, right??  And bonus!  If you spend $55 and will get the beautiful and adorable new stamp set Snow Angel for free!


Beautiful isn't she?  I've used this set today on a tag to play along with the 25 Days of Christmas Tags challenge!


I was inspired by Mindy Eggen's tag on Day 18!  That beautiful gold embossed sentiment background got me started!  I used my favorite Scallop Tag Fri-Dies as my base.


I'll be honest... It took me three times to get the tag right...lol!  I love imperfection as much as the next guy, but I learned some things along the way.  Patience for one...lol!  For me the easiest way to do this was to stamp each line separately with Versamark, powder, and emboss and then go on to the next.  Otherwise, these eyes could not keep track of where I was stamping.  And then I would just line the next set up so that the peace was lined up approximately the same distance on each line ... so for instance... I'd place the "P" of the 2nd line somewhere around the "C" and "E" on the one above it.  Don't check... I said approximately...lol!  AND!  Don't forget to swipe over the tag before you start with an antistatic pad... I only did it once the first time and that seemed to do the trick... although I never mind a little stray powder here and there.


I'm also playing along with the Wow Embossing Powder December Challenge on Facebook to use Gold!  I think I've done that here!  I used the Gold Metallic Embossing Powder.

I just love this sweet angel stamp and the oh so sweet sentiments included in it.  You can get her free with an order of $55 or you can buy her separately... or both during the sale!

AND even better there is a brand new Coffee sentiment set available!  Meet Stay Strong:


I used one of the sentiments on this card over this cool background I made using the Tin Roof Stencil, some embossing paste and some embossing powder!  Have you ever used embossing powder over embossing paste?  I love the extra dimension it gives to the embossed parts!  Here's how I do it:


When I use this technique, I like to start with Mixed Media paper because it's a little heavier and the combo of the paste with the heat embossing can really curl regular cardstock... plus sometimes I like to add other medium as well, so (if I remember) I usually start with this kind of paper.


I die cut my panel with a rectangle die from my stash.  Then I place it on a scrap paper because I tend to make quite the mess!  It's also easiest for me if I place some masking tape around the stencil to help keep it in place.  If I'm covering the entire panel, I keep the tape off the edge of where the paper is, but the tape still helps to hold it in place.  Then  I used my spatula to apply the embossing paste to the panel through the stencil.  And finally my new best friend when using any kind of paste with stencils is the Stencil Pal with it's long straight edge for smoothing out the past and it floats over the entire panel.


When you remove the stencil you're left with this...so pretty all by itself, right?  But while it's wet, you can if you wish sprinkle some embossing powder over it....


I used the Wow Vintage Peacock and it's sooooo pretty!  I thought it would be perfect for my Emotional Support Beverage sentiment.  My favorite part I couldn't capture, but when you heat this it's so fun to watch it change.  It bubbles just a bit as it sets and then you can watch the magic happen as more of your colors come out of that beautiful powder.


So not only do you have that cool sparkly embossing, but it's raised a bit too because of the paste.  I love it!!  To finish my card, I die cut my Coffee Cup and hearts from the Heart Board Fri-Dies out of Copic friendly paper and colored them using some colors that coordinated with the background.  I love the kind of tie-dyed look!


My coffee really does understand and love me.



So that's me for today!  I hope you enjoyed your stop and if you're inspired and ready to shop the sale I have something extra for you!


You can use my code or any of the Girl Fridays' codes for an extra 15% off these already fantastic sale prices!!  And don't forget if you spend $55 before shipping and tax you will receive Snow Angel for free!  That sweet angel needs to come to your house.

Happy Holidays and take whatever chance you have to relax and reflect (and maybe shop a little...lol... I know I will be)!  Come back again soon!



2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are fabulous! Loving the angel and that sentiment on the coffee one! Happy Thanksgiving!

Susan Renshaw said...

What a lot to look at!! Love the angel and that coffe card is gorgeous...
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!