Monday, November 25, 2019

Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas - November 2019 Edition!


Welcome to the Crafty Elves' Countdown to Christmas!  Every 25th of the month, my friend Debra Davison from Meticulosity and I share the Christmas cards we've made during the month!  We made a pact in the beginning of the year to create at least one Christmas card a week for the year and we have stuck to it!  I have plenty of Christmas cards all ready to go... they just need to be stuffed, addressed and mailed!  (Sounds like a job for the upcoming holiday weekend).

This month I have made my quota and then some!  I normally post all of my cards for the first time on this day, however because I made so many in November, I've made one new one for today and I'll share some pics from the rest of the month with links to the posts in case you want more details!  Here's what I've made for today:


I love the new graphic sentiment stamps over at Rubbernecker stamps!  So good they can be the start of the card!  I stamped this one onto white cardstock using Gina K Red Velvet Ink.  My friend Verna made me buy this because she used it and it was so rich and ... well... velvety... I had to try it and I love it!  I used my Misti to be sure to get a good impression.


I added a little Distress Ink in Antique Linen to the sentiment panel that I cut using the stitched rectangle dies.  Seemed like the right thing to do with that plaid paper background (the paper is Tim Holtz and it was a vacation purchase last week!).  I added a cardinal at the top of the image because it just seemed to go... I think it almost feels like part of the stamped image!

I created a backdrop using the Evergreen Tree dies in black.


And then these lovely greenery dies were perfect in a spray behind the layered white flower.  Although it's not a poinsettia, I meant to give the feel of one.  I also used some of the Antique Linen distress ink on the flower layers and popped a pretty gold sparkly bling in the center.


To finish it off I just sprinkled a few more gems and sequins around.  I like the vintagey look this one has!  I've included links to all of the Rubbernecker products I used on this one at the bottom of this post.

And now for some more of the Christmas cards I created this month:

Here's a fun one using a stamp from The Rabbit Hole Designs that I posted during the Coffee Lovers Hop:


I had three in this post when I was a guestie with Trinity Stamps for their release... but I'm pretty sure this one was my favorite:


I absolutely love this one for Miss Ink ... also posted during the Coffee Hop...lol!


And then this guy for A Jillian Vance Design:


There were LOTS more this month and I won't make those of you who come here a lot suffer any longer, but these are just a few of my faves!

Now!  Let's see who won the Happy Mail from last month!


Pineconelass please PM me your snail mail address!

We're doing it again!  For my December post, I'll pick someone from all of the comments you leave here to receive some Happy mail from me!

That's me for today!  I hope you enjoyed your stop and will come again real soon!  Be sure to head on over to Debra's place and see what she's created for you today!



I've included links below to all of the Rubbernecker products I used today.  If you shop through these links, I will receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you.  And thank you!

9 comments:

Debra Davison said...

Once again, your cards are amazing !! I'm so glad we got together to do this -- were we crazy or what ?!?!?!?! Beautiful designs and now I need that Red Velvet ink too !!!

Denise Bryant said...

Love that big sentiment, and the flower and greenery embellishment! Beautiful card! Must be nice to have a stash of holiday cards already done!

scrappin' GA peach said...

Well it's awesome!! I love the trees in back!!
Fabulous month of cards, Lisa.
I agree with you, the Christmas camper is my absolute favorite!! Probably because vintage campers are my thing!!

Sue D said...

Thanks for sharing all of these wonderful cards. I like the cardinal on top on the first one.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love that first one!! That tree is FABULOUS!!!!!

MadeByMeghanK said...

I can't believe this is the last month! I have been commenting and following from the beginning!THank you both for doing such a great job on ALL Your fun Christmas cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card designs and so very well designed for Christmas giving. All displayed today are fantastic! Everything you added to them works so well together.

Becca Yahrling said...

I think the flower looks just like a white poinsettia! It's a beautiful card. I always try to buy a red, a pink and a white poinsettia, but the white ones are hard to come by. All of your makes are gorgeous, Lisa. Hope you & yours have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Beautiful cards, Lisa!! Your Miss Ink card is one of my absolute faves from the coffee hop! Love it! Thanks for sharing! You and Debra have inspired me to get ahead on my Christmas cards and it’s been such a relief! ❤️