Sunday, December 22, 2019

Beary Best Friend-Polka Dot Orchard


I'm back with another Christmas card!  This time I'm using one of my favorite new sets from Polka Dot Orchard, Beary Best Friend.  I absolutely love this folksy image... these critters are perfect for some fun coloring!  And this one is on sale right now!

I printed both the image and sentiment on Copic Friendly Paper and fussy cut the image.  Often times I do this ahead of time without a definite plan of what I'll do as far as the design of the card.  When it came time to put the card together, I found that I had printed that sentiment out fairly large and didn't think I'd be able to use the image and sentiment together without re-printing it... and then I remembered the Slimline design that is so popular right now and knew what I'd do!


I love all of the open spaces in this image making it fun for blending and adding textures... I added some lines to the scarves and dots to the sweater cuff and waistband.  Then I die cut two rectangle pieces just big enough for my sentiment and embossed the white one with a snowfall folder.  I popped up the base and the then the image for dimension and added a few snowflakes tucked in here and there.


There are some really cute sentiments in this set... this one is my favorite!  I decided I loved it big and that it should span the width of the card and added some glitter tape across the top and bottom... I actually used up my roll!!  I love and hate that!...lol!


And that's me for today!  Be sure to check out the Polka Dot Orchard shop and check out the sets on sale through December 31st!  And there are lots of new items in the shop too including some beautiful wood coasters and have you checked out the ribbon?!

Thanks so much for stopping and hope you'll come again soon!



3 comments:

~amy~ said...

oh I love this!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

SOooooooo cute! LOVING those animals!

María said...

Those bears and the bird are super cute, fantastic card. Hugs, María.