Monday, December 16, 2019

Snowflakes Are Like Butterflies - A Jillian Vance Design


Good morning!  So happy to have you here!  I'm up on the A Jillian Vance Design Blog today I'm sharing a card I made using some beautiful Deco Foil!  I created a stencil using the Knit Stitch Cover Plate and some thin cardboard.  I've used the same die cut three times now and it's still held up!  I applied some Deco Foil Transfer Gel through it over an ink blended panel cut using the largest Stitched Dot Rectangle die.  After applying the gel, I used my Stencil Pal to swipe across it which gets most of the extra gel off and the remainder seems to make my cardboard stencil stronger...lol!  I let the gel dry before laying the turquoise foil over it and running it through the Minc machine.


While my transfer gel was drying, I cut the Snowflakes three times... once from glitter paper and two more times from white cardstock.  I stacked each flakes' cuts together for dimension and then used some clear foam tape and stacked my stacks.  The gem shaped cutouts in each snowflake line up nicely and I love the way they look stacked with just a little dimension in between them.

I used two sizes of the sentiment strips to create a border across my card and then glued the snowflake to the center.  A pretty white gem was perfect for the center.


Then lastly this sentiment from the Let It Snow stamp set was just begging to be used on this card... isn't it so sweet??

Thanks so much for stopping by today and hope you enjoyed your visit!  Come again soon for more AJVD inspiration!  Below are links to all of the A Jillian Vance Design products I used for today's card.






Follow A Jillian Vance Design on:

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous! Loving the colors and the snowflake!!!

Lagene said...

Very pretty! I love how you used the die cut cardstock as a stencil!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so beautiful with that big snowflake front and center. And the colors are gorgeous!

Lori Kobular said...

Lisa your card is so beautiful! I really love that sentiment on your card!