Welcome back! Today I'm back with some more stripey goodness! This time I used it for this birthday card using the Dog With Big Eyes stamp along with Birthday Balloons!
I created the background just like my last, but this time using the Color Fuse #8 blues...
I love using a frame to highlight the main card images! But I also love letting the images push the limits of the frame... I mean all of this fun can't be contained!
And again I used the Frases En Espanol #1 stamp set for this Happy Birthday wish!
I added a little sparkle with some clear sequins and I was done!
Here's how I created this one:
- I started with the background panel! Just like my last one, I cut a piece of white cardstock approximately 6x6. Usually I'll die cut my panel first, however it was easiest to stamp the stripey background using a larger piece because I was able to place the cardstock in the corner and still use the magnets to hold it into place leaving room for the stamp and so I could stamp more than once to get a nice solid stripe.
- To give a sort of Ombre effect, all four of the blues in Color Fuse Set #8 were used. I started with the lightest and inked up the first three skinny stripes or so and stamped... I didn't worry about overlapping so that the varying colors would have a bit of a transition and blend. I cleaned off the stamp and repeated the process with next few wider stripes using the next darkest ink in the set and then twice more with the two darkest colors. I did go over in the same fashion a second time again to blend the colors better.
- Once my striped background was complete, I used the largest of the Rectangle Small Stitch Dies and taped it into place with some washi tape placed on the outside of the die to be sure my stripes would be straight and ran it through the Gemini to cut the panel. (I like to place the tape on the outside when I can in case the washi decides to stick so I don't tear my panel at all).
- I stamped, die cut and colored my pup! I used E34, E35 and E37 to color him in and E77 and E79 for his nose.
- I stamped, die cut and colored two of the Birthday Balloons images. I used R24, R27, and R29 for the red balloons; Y08, Y11, and Y15 for the yellow; and B21 B24, and B26 for the blue. I trimmed the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from the center balloon of each knowing I was going to use a different sentiment.
- I attached my stripey background to a white card base that I cut 5 1/2 x 4 1/4".
- I grabbed one of the rectangle frames that I had on hand... when I cut these frames I put any leftovers into a clear baggy for later use so it's easy to grab one when I need it! I added some thin foam popup tape to the back of the frame for dimension and popped it onto the background at an angle.
- I added my images inside the frame letting parts of them fall over the edge using varying thickness of foam tape. I was careful to cover up the area of the balloon strings where I cut off the sentiment with my placement.
- I stamped and fussy cut the sentiment I wanted and then added foam tape to the ends so I could pop it over the edge of the frame.
- I added a few sequins for sparkle and fun!
That's me for today! I hope you enjoyed your visit and be sure to come back tomorrow! We've got lots of fun going on here because it's the start of the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and Rubbernecker Stamps is a Sponsor! It's a week long celebration of all things Coffee, Tea and Cocoa and there will be chances to win lots of prizes if you link up and play along! Be there or be square (like this graphic... although it is pretty cute... but be there anyway just to be safe!)
Below are links to all of the Rubbernecker products I've used today! If you choose to purchase using these links I will receive a small compensation and thank you!
Super cute and fun. I love it.
Awesome card and that dog is super funny. Hugs, María.
Post a Comment