Friday, August 6, 2021

Squirrel! - Miss Ink Stamps


Welcome back!  I've got some Slim's Whims for you today!  Because you can never have enough Slim!


I needed to get this one out of my head... inspired by that silly sentiment from the set!  I love all of the sentiments on this set... some punny, some snark, some silly and all fun!  And I knew this little squirrel from the Oh Nuts stamp set was perfect for this one.

I started this one with a gel print background and used the Leafy Green stencil and applied some Deco Foil Metallix Gold Gel through it.  I stamped, cut and colored the images and then used the frame and speech bubble together and added the first part of my sentiment at the top and then the "punchline" at the bottom with the SQUIRREL!


I think Slim is quite handsome in all of the different color combos I've seen him in so far!  I used E40-44 for this one.


Here are all of the colors I used on this one!

I'm playing along over at Double Trouble Challenge Blog, Are You Kitten Me (any cute animal will do) and 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, where It's All Critters All The Time!  You should check them out!

And here is Slim:


You can follow Slim on Instagram @slim_knows and you can follow me @bzscrapper... you know ... if you'd like.  We're not the boss of you.


I'm also linking up to the special challenge to post a pic of yourself and your cat or dog furbaby!  I didn't have one with both of my boys, so my mom edited one for me and I think it turned out so cute...lol


You should play along too for your chance at $50 of Close To My Heart product!  You can check both out here!


Thanks so much for stopping!  I hope you'll come again soon!





 

8 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is such a cute card and yes, if a squirrel gets in range it is time to be off and running both for the dog and squirrel. Great card design indeed!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

"Squirrel" didn't understand, even though you spent a lot of time why it's punny; but Verna has now confirmed the funny pun. Maybe because we didn't have pet dogs, we only had cats so would "mice" be the same type of pun? Oh well, we had fun with 'squirrel' with Our Little Group on Zoom and we got first glimpse of the Slim stamp set this weekend... Ooops, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that. Anywho, your card and Slim are both adorable and you can tell Slim is wishing that 'squirrel' was real. Looking forward to Slim's shannigans on his instagram too.

Donna Scholz said...

Lisa, what a GREAT belated birthday card!!!! Such a fun reason, and super coloring of Slim and the squirrel! Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble for our "Are You Kitten Me" challenge!!! -Donna

Suzanne Reynolds said...

As a mother I kept reminding my daughter to share a photo of her fur-babys; and she promised she would. As time went by and not happening I took it upon myself and used her FB photo and photoshopped Slim in as a joke. She embraced it but wanted more clarity. I said if she would send me the original pics I could do it... and I did it. I must admit the editing looks like Slim is snuggling and that is what he does... full of snuggles and kisses. Thanks Lisa for showing off my two favorite grand fur-babys in our Mew and Your Paw-some Pets to the World. Cleo is their Aunt, but they have never met so she enjoyed your sharing them in your photo too.

Kellianne said...

That pun is so funny! My husband is always teasing about "squirrel!". What a cute card for belated birthday wishes. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Double Trouble :)

papercraftingprincess said...

Oh Lisa...this is just the cutest card. Thanks for playing along at Double Troube.

sweetpea said...

SO cute. Thanks for sharing it with us at 2 crafty critter crazies challenge Janet DT

Melanie R said...

Congratulations on the stamp set, Lisa and Slim! Great coloring, too. BTW, do we need to live in fear of your mother's photoshop abilities? In any case, I love seeing Slim on this card and your coloring is top-notch every time. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble #90.