Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Craftin Desert Divas February Social Media Challenge


So excited about this month's Craftin Desert Divas Mood Board Social Media Challenge! #CDDMONTHLY!  I hope you can play along!  Just join the Craftin Desert Divas Gallery Facebook Group here if you're not already a member, add your project to the February album and then share your pic with the group and share it around your various social medias using the #CDDMONTHLY.  If enough people play along, there are cool prizes!

Here is how I was inspired:


If you know me at all you know I LOVE owls and this adorable Love Letter Owl digi is no exception!  I used that pretty heart paper from the Doodlebug Puppy Love paper pad for my background.  Then I used the Crazy Stitched Frames dies and cut the medium in white and embossed it with some clouds.

I'm loving red and kraft these days!


Isn't he a cutie??  I used my Zig Clean Color Markers again to color him with a little bit of water.  I was going to a crop and I thought it would be easier to take those markers with me plus I've been ignoring them a bit lately.  If you're used to coloring with Copics or any other kind of alcohol markers they take some getting used to, but I do love the watercolor look to them.


I also love to build a sentiment with my CDD stamps and dies.  Here I used the Big die from the Wishful Thought Word Dies; Hugs from the Simply Said Stamp Set and I stole that cute little Sending from the new Special Delivery Stamp set.  I replaced the dot on Big with the tiny heart from the Mini Shaker Clip Dies.  A few sequins I stole from the Sweetness Sequin Mix and the Berry Christmas Sequin Mix and done!

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to play along with us during the month of February!





4 comments:

Tracey said...

Love it Lisa, such a pretty card! The red and Kraft combo looks great! Love the sparkly BIG !

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this!! That owl is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Aaaaaaaaaw, your card is so adorable, Lisa! This owl is adorable and I love how you made the sentiment! So sorry I haven't been around lately! I'm still trying to get caught up now that I'm back online, but I keep getting further behind! Anyway, you're on my list for tomorrow, so I'll be back to check out your cards!

Mitralee said...

It's a Superb Owl! ;-) Love love love it!