Saturday, September 16, 2017

Coffee Lover's Blog Hop-Day 2


So glad you could stop by for my second project for the Fall 2017 Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!  This time around I'm playing with the adorable freebie Brentwood digi from JessicaLynnOriginal.com....


Well, this is nothing how I planned it!  I knew I wanted to use my new borders from CDD for the background but my plan was to use the pretty trees and watercolor them pretty colors with a beautiful blue sky... and as I was looking at this image more, and colored him in... and made the cup orange and thought about the sentiment, I decided to use the haunted landscape border instead.  So for the sky?  Well, of course it had to be nighttime and of course I wanted to create a galaxy background!  There's a very cool video here if you want to check it out... when you're done here of course!


I did some "loose" coloring on this one for the leaves especially.. I like the way it turned out.. basically you just color in and leave some of the edges clean .. it's just a different look and I've been wanting to try it out so I did!  My image covered one of the trees in the border, so I cut it off and used it in front with my cup along with a few sequins and some bat stickers from my stash... I was just going to diecut a couple little bat shadows... but I loved these guys with their wonky eyes and I thought they were just right.


And then I just added the Happy Halloween sentiment from the Come In For a Bite Cupcake monsters set over at JessicaLynnOriginal to finish it off and embossed it in white.

Before you go!  Don't forget about my Giveaway!  When the hop is over I will choose two lucky commentors to win one of these two awesome bracelets made by my Niece, Emily:


She collects glass from the shores of Lake Erie and creates jewelry.  She made these especially for me to give during the hop and she has a small Etsy Shop here if you want to check it out.


And she will take special orders!  So let me know you were here and make me smile on any and/or all of my posts and one of these could show up in your mailbox!  And I don't care where you live!  I think it's neat to send stuff around the world!

Come back soon for some more coffee goodness!




24 comments:

Jessica Lynn from JessicaLynnOriginal Studios said...

I am in LOVE with this card. Lisa you are a rockstar!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Great card -loving this blog hop

Shanna Slater said...

Ahh-Mazing!! Love the color play!


Thanks for sharing with all of us!!
~Shanna
www.caffeinatedcraftiness.wordpress.com

Gail said...

Fabulous card here - so Fallish for sure! Thanks for the awesome give-away as well - have a blessed week!
http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/

stampfoldandrepeat (Jeanie) said...

What a glorious card! Love your loose colouring and that scene is absolutely fabulous.

~amy~ said...

Um WOW. Love your card and that background...WOWZA.

Karen Letchworth said...

Another awesome card, Lisa. Your handiwork always amazes me.
Karen

Christine said...

Incredible background, and I just love that big harvest moon!

Tracey said...

I'm hopping backwards! WOW Lisa...the scene is amazing, fabulous detail and great colouring..I must check out that video for the background..love the galaxy sky! Your niece is very talented too :)

CarlavdM said...

Another wonderfull card.

Andrea W said...

Such a FUN card Lisa! I love the spooky scene.

Lori Turner said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Lisa! Love the scene!!!

Becca Yahrling said...

AWEsome sauce! Such a fun and spooky Halloween card. Gorgeous design (as usual!). lol And I even love those cute bats.
And thank you, Lisa, for your kind words on my cards; I'm very appreciative.

New Creations said...

Spectacular and sweet spooky design!

Hetty said...

Wow, this is beautiful, love the scenery you created.

jeanchaneyaz said...

Amazing card, Lisa. I love the sky you created and the contrast between your focal image and the surrounding area.

Unknown said...

Sooo much detail on one little card!
Of course I love this one too! The image and those wonky eyed bats are adorable <3

Beverly S. said...

You outdid yourself with this one.....I love the background and the "loose" coloring of the leaves!!! GREAT job my coffee loving card maker!!! ;)

Verna Angerhofer said...

You make such great cards. I love this one.

Scrapper69 said...

I LOVE Halloween and this card SCREAMS Halloween!! And the coffee cup on the moon with the sentiment and owl is AWESOME!!! LOVE it!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Arianna Barbara said...

Awesome Halloween card!!!

Tee said...

This is Gorgeous!! Love everything about it!

Fikreta said...

Love this stunning card!

VanessaB said...

that's so spooky and AMAZING!!! :)