Thursday, October 1, 2020

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Release Day 4 - Happy Birthday!


Welcome back!  It's the last day of New Release inspiration over at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps!  Today we're sharing the Birthday Fridays!

I used the Bold Flower stencil and some beautiful Catherine Pooler inks to create my background.  First I stenciled on the flowers using the inks and a sponge.  Then I dabbed the remainder of the ink from the sponges all over the panel in a random pattern.  Finally I smooshed a little ink onto a piece of plastic packaging and used a water brush to splatter some over the panel.


I cut the Happy Birthday from glitter paper and twice more from white cardstock.  I didn't save the little curvy underscore lines, but I did make sure to hang onto the dot for my eye.  I stacked all of the pieces together and popped it up over the background.  Finally, I heat embossed a sentiment from the Sassy Celebrations stamp set onto purple cardstock and matted that one pink and then white and popped that up underneath.  A few sequins and I was done!

That's me for today!  Be sure to head on over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog to see what everyone has created for your viewing pleasure!  And if you've seen something that you must have, I have this for you:


Thanks so much for stopping and hope you come back again soon!



 

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! Loving the colors!

Claire said...

Oh my that background is fabulous
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty card! I love the flowers and the sentiment!

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love this die! Gorgeous flowers!

Lagene said...

Beautiful, love your stenciled background!